Park your drone JJ

Andy Burns

Aug 31, 2022, 4:03:55 AM8/31/22

Graham J

Aug 31, 2022, 5:24:05 AM8/31/22
Could you drive along the road and have a look? Be interesting to see
if anybody stops you?

--
Graham J

MB

Aug 31, 2022, 6:47:51 AM8/31/22
Is the line about Plod Scotland just a standard part of one of these
restrictions and not an indication that issued by them.

It was issued on the 25th August.

Woody

Aug 31, 2022, 7:02:11 AM8/31/22
Doubtless Java Jive will be letting us know what is going off - he lives
at Lairg!

Java Jive

Aug 31, 2022, 7:43:54 AM8/31/22
This is a low-flying area for part of the week, so occasionally we get
RAF jets and Hercules transport prop planes cruising along Loch Shin and
weaving over local terrain. We've seen also the Battle Of Britain
Flight up here occasionally. Other days of the week, particularly
weekends, we get occasional light aircraft flying over. Possibly this
order is designed to curtail that while some necessary work takes place,
perhaps involving a chopper.

In satellite view where you've put the marker, note that about a hundred
metres or two directly uphill, up the track, there is what was
originally a council communications mast but which now also has mobile
antennae. It seems to be part of a chain of such council and other
masts, the previous one being also the local TV relay mast on top of The
Ord, a hill just outside Lairg, the next is on the other side of Loch
Shin further north. You can tell they link to each other because each
has dishes pointing to the neighbouring masts. I presume they are
microwave links. Perhaps some work is scheduled to be done to that
mast, such as new antennae lifted into place by chopper?

Also, I've walked past there a number of times recently, most recently
only about three days ago, and there are new buildings going up nearby,
just a little further north in a field alongside the road itself. I had
assumed that they were just holiday 'glamping' pods (if I've got the
right trendy modern slang there), because they don't look very
substantial, and are rather small, but perhaps they're something else
entirely.

The day before yesterday, while I was out walking, first an ambulance
and then a fire engine came into the area. I think it's the only time
in my life I've received a siren blast while walking! I never came
across the actual trouble during the rest of the walk, so whatever the
unfortunate crisis was, it was probably over the hill at Blairbuie. A
few weeks ago there, an unlucky local was badly injured when he was
thrown off his quadbike, I believe as it overturned.

Whatever brought that to your attention?

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Graham J

Aug 31, 2022, 7:58:41 AM8/31/22
Google streetvidw of April 2022 shows 3 concrete pads and one "bottle"
style septic tank.

Perhaps keep an eye on <https://www.flightradar24.com/58.1,-4.49/14>

> Whatever brought that to your attention?

--
Graham J

Woody

Aug 31, 2022, 11:20:32 AM8/31/22
See, I told you he'd be along soon with the answer!

Tnx Charles.

Andy Burns

Aug 31, 2022, 5:25:49 PM8/31/22
Java Jive wrote:

> Whatever brought that to your attention?

I have an RSS feed of all new statutory instruments, the word 'shinness' jumped
out at me

The sort of thing they tend to create such a small restriction zone for is
either bad accidents, fires, or where someone is holding a hostage or has
murdered someone.

They use much bigger areas for e.g. practising red arrows or royal fly-pasts, or
commissioning navy vessels

Andy Burns

Aug 31, 2022, 5:48:37 PM8/31/22
Andy Burns wrote:

> Java Jive wrote:
>
>> Whatever brought that to your attention?
>
> I have an RSS feed of all new statutory instruments, the word 'shinness' jumped
> out at me

it was revoked on the 26th, but with a similar delay publishing it.

> The sort of thing they tend to create such a small restriction zone for is
> either bad accidents, fires, or where someone is holding a hostage or has
> murdered someone.

Nothing on the front page of the local rag?

Java Jive

Aug 31, 2022, 9:15:39 PM8/31/22
In general, I wouldn't know, because I only buy it when I have to go to
the local shop - which I hardly have to do now anyway since we got
Tesco to deliver here - and if something catches my eye on its front
page. However, just for you, but there's nothing obvious mentioned:
https://www.northern-times.co.uk/
https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/

It was a lovely bright sunny day today, so I walked up there again ...

These are the supposed pods, I think I'm right about those:
www.macfh.co.uk/Temp/Pods_1.jpg

I went up to the mast also, but couldn't see anything different about it
from the last time I was up there, no new aerials or anything obvious
like that. However, I did take a photo standing directly beneath it at
ground level looking out towards The Ord, which in the result I couldn't
see because I was too low, but I did spot another mast on a more distant
ridge. As I know for certain that one of The Ord's dishes points to
this one, I think the more distant one must be the next link in the
chain onwards, towards Inverness where of course Highland Council is based.

Tx for giving me the excuse for a very pleasant walk in the sun!

MB

Sep 1, 2022, 5:09:26 PM9/1/22
On 01/09/2022 02:15, Java Jive wrote:
> In general, I wouldn't know, because I only buy it when I have to go to
> the local shop

Just read it on the library website.