TalkTalk Fiasco

1 view

BJH

Oct 12, 2006, 3:56:31 AM10/12/06
Hi all

I posted a few weeks ago about a friend of mine who is having great
difficulty with her TT Broadband connection.

Because she's not on an LLU Exchange she agreed to pay TalkTalk £10 per
month to provide her Broadband connection. This was back in July. Despite
the fact that TalkTalk are taking the £10 per month 'charge' she still
hasn't got a working connection. TT have promised on at least 3 occasions
to my knowledge that they would send an Engineer. It is a marginal area and
the best she can hope for is 512K but I think the problem is more likely to
be the terrible state of the incoming wiring, it really is dreadful.

She called me the other day asking me if she should cancel and take out
Broadband with another provider. I did a line check which revealed that
Broadband is already established on her line and that the MAC code is
allocated to an ISP, ie TalkTalk.

Oh dear, this really is a farce.

Can anyone suggest how she can get in contact with someone at TalkTalk who
has the authority to do something. When she calls now, she listens to the
recorded message for so long and then TalkTalk hang up, so she can't even
get to talk to anyone.

The only thing I could suggest is that she contact local trading standards.
After all she is paying for something she isn't getting.

--
Regards
Barry

Keith Willcocks

Oct 12, 2006, 9:28:40 AM10/12/06

"BJH" <bar...@nospam.kentra.co.uk> wrote in message

Try the Stephen Rhodes Consumer Programme on BBC 3Counties Radio between
10am and 1pm, Monday to Friday. Really only for Beds, Herts and Bucks but
they are willing to help people in other areas. Outside the area you can
get it on 630 medium wave (AM). Phone no 08459 455555.
--
Keith Willcocks