BT cable through my airspace

Jon Schneider

Dec 8, 2021, 6:00:17 AM12/8/21
There's a BT cable running from the pole at the edge of my front garden
through my airspace to my neighbour's house. I also have a conifer
that's now gently brushing the cable. I don't think it's going to damage
it just yet.

Who's responsibility is it to keep my neighbour's cable clear of stuff
growing in my garden ?

Jon

Woody

Dec 8, 2021, 7:10:17 AM12/8/21
BTOR

Jeff Gaines

Dec 8, 2021, 7:15:06 AM12/8/21
On 08/12/2021 in message <j1bhhv...@mid.individual.net> Jon Schneider
wrote:
I had electricity cables running across my land once and the electricity
company was responsible for pruning the trees it passed near. It was very
useful as it was a conversation area but their right to keep the cables
clear seemed to trump that!

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his friends for his

Mark Carver

Dec 8, 2021, 7:44:57 AM12/8/21
Indeed. Although the quality of any tree surgery etc performed by them
or their contractors can't be guaranteed.
Therefore you might wish to take the initiative ?

Bob Eager

Dec 8, 2021, 10:49:55 AM12/8/21
On Wed, 08 Dec 2021 12:15:05 +0000, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> I had electricity cables running across my land once and the electricity
> company was responsible for pruning the trees it passed near. It was
> very useful as it was a conversation area but their right to keep the
> cables clear seemed to trump that!

You mean you had to keep quiet if they said so?

Jeff Gaines

Dec 8, 2021, 12:19:56 PM12/8/21
The contractors told me they had the right to prune the trees, must admit
I didn't check.

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those

Andy Burns

Dec 8, 2021, 12:25:42 PM12/8/21
Jeff Gaines wrote:

> Bob Eager wrote:
>
>> eff Gaines wrote:
>>
>>> I had electricity cables running across my land once and the electricity
>>> company was responsible for pruning the trees it passed near. It was
>>> very useful as it was a conversation area but their right to keep the
>>> cables clear seemed to trump that!
>>
>> You mean you had to keep quiet if they said so?
>
> The contractors told me they had the right to prune the trees, must admit I
> didn't check.

hint: conversation != conservation

Jeff Gaines

Dec 8, 2021, 2:28:34 PM12/8/21
On 08/12/2021 in message <j1c84k...@mid.individual.net> Andy Burns
wrote:
Oh my God, dsylexia strikes again :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
Every day is a good day for chicken, unless you're a chicken.

Woody

Dec 8, 2021, 3:20:45 PM12/8/21
On Wed 08/12/2021 19:28, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 08/12/2021 in message <j1c84k...@mid.individual.net> Andy Burns
> wrote:
>
>> Jeff Gaines wrote:

>>> The contractors told me they had the right to prune the trees, must
>>> admit I  didn't check.
>>
>> hint: conversation != conservation
>
> Oh my God, dsylexia strikes again :-)

Don't you mean lysdexia?

Bob Eager

Dec 8, 2021, 4:50:01 PM12/8/21
On Wed, 08 Dec 2021 17:19:53 +0000, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> On 08/12/2021 in message <j1c2h1...@mid.individual.net> Bob Eager
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 08 Dec 2021 12:15:05 +0000, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>
>>>I had electricity cables running across my land once and the
>>>electricity company was responsible for pruning the trees it passed
>>>near. It was very useful as it was a conversation area but their right
>>>to keep the cables clear seemed to trump that!
>>
>>You mean you had to keep quiet if they said so?
>
> The contractors told me they had the right to prune the trees, must
> admit I didn't check.

I was talking about the 'conversation'. Sorry.

Peter Johnson

Dec 9, 2021, 12:26:20 PM12/9/21
On 8 Dec 2021 17:19:53 GMT, "Jeff Gaines" <jgaines...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>On 08/12/2021 in message <j1c2h1...@mid.individual.net> Bob Eager wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 08 Dec 2021 12:15:05 +0000, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>
>>>I had electricity cables running across my land once and the electricity
>>>company was responsible for pruning the trees it passed near. It was
>>>very useful as it was a conversation area but their right to keep the
>>>cables clear seemed to trump that!
>>
>>You mean you had to keep quiet if they said so?
>
>The contractors told me they had the right to prune the trees, must admit
>I didn't check.

I put 'power to lop trees overhanging' into the Welsh Highland Railway
and Llangollen Railway (Corwen extension) Transport & Works Orders so
I guess that the National Grid has similar powers. BT/OR as well.