Comparison sites.

newman

Jun 8, 2022, 11:09:09 AM6/8/22
Which comparison sites are best for accurately showing the ISP suppliers
that actually offer FTTC from my local exchange?

Regards

notya...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2022, 5:07:38 AM6/10/22
Dunno for landline, but for mobile IMO Uswitch.

Martin Brown

Jun 10, 2022, 8:12:37 AM6/10/22
On 08/06/2022 16:09, newman wrote:

> Which comparison sites are best for accurately showing the ISP suppliers
> that actually offer FTTC from my local exchange?

A lookup of the exchange on Sam knows is probably the most reliable way.

https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/MYLS

If it s a rural exchange you may end up paying more for less since the
chances are that none of them have their own kit installed. In cities
you sometimes have a real choice and some competition for BTOR.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Tim+

Jun 10, 2022, 9:13:50 AM6/10/22
Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote:
> On 08/06/2022 16:09, newman wrote:
>
>> Which comparison sites are best for accurately showing the ISP suppliers
>> that actually offer FTTC from my local exchange?
>
> A lookup of the exchange on Sam knows is probably the most reliable way.

“Used to be” I would say. Often seems to be out of date.

I’ve been with Zen for over a year for BB and phone but it continues to
list Zen as “unavailable” for LLU.

I get the feeling it’s rarely updated.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Abandoned_Trolley

Jun 10, 2022, 12:21:31 PM6/10/22

> A lookup of the exchange on Sam knows is probably the most reliable way.

Thats a matter of opinion.

According to "Sam" the FTTC connection which I am using right now is not
available in my area - and I have heard similar stories from others.

--
random signature text inserted here

Theo

Jun 10, 2022, 1:55:24 PM6/10/22
newman <new...@despammed.com> wrote:
> Which comparison sites are best for accurately showing the ISP suppliers
> that actually offer FTTC from my local exchange?

I tend to use:
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/compare-broadband-deals/
but it only covers mass-market ISPs.

In general, if you have Openreach FTTC available you should be able to get
it from any ISP that offers FTTC. I don't think there is much
location-based pricing any more.

Obviously the speed you'll get will vary by location, but you can look up
the speed on the Openreach and BT Wholesale checkers. Every ISP has a 40/10
and a 80/20 tariff, but those checkers will give a better idea of what
you'll actually get. (Although the ISP may not sell you a 80/20 if they
reckon your line can't handle it)

I think there are some bumps regarding SOGEA, which can restrict you only to
ISPs that can handle it. So it may be some ISPs claim to offer you a tariff
and then decline to let you order it. The price comparison sites don't see
that granularity.

If you have FTTP available it's a different kettle of worms.

Theo

newman

Jun 11, 2022, 4:51:47 AM6/11/22
On 08/06/2022 16:09, newman wrote:
I have checked a couple of comparison sites but find that some of their
offers are not available on the actual ISP's websites. Eg Now and
Vodafone have good deals but don't appear to be available from my exchange.

Thanks for the help.