sony tv aging mode

cb

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00
I was pratting around with the service diagnostic mode on my Sony KV-25XU
and managed to access something called 'aging mode' anyone know what this
does?

It was quite alarming as the picture became bright and washed out and all
the menu's locked out. I somehow managed to disable it, It was on for about
2 minutes or so.

TV works fine now, but I'm concerned I may have damaged something.

SimonR_UK

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00

"cb" <christian...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
The lesson here is don't mess around with the TT codes

I did the same as you, I thought I had killed the TV when the picture went
into the aging mode, even switching it off at the mains would not bring it
back. It did as you say eventually go off by its self. I have since found
out that pressing TV on the remorte when in aging mode switches it off.

No more messing with TT codes for me ;-)

Chris Vowles

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00
cb <christian...@ntlworld.com> wrote in article
<pfcU5.13534$vA4.2...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>...

> I was pratting around with the service diagnostic mode on my Sony KV-25XU
> and managed to access something called 'aging mode' anyone know what this
> does?
>
> It was quite alarming as the picture became bright and washed out and all
> the menu's locked out. I somehow managed to disable it, It was on for
about
> 2 minutes or so.
>
> TV works fine now, but I'm concerned I may have damaged something.

Please tell how you got into this mode as my KV-29X5U shows three coloured
bands when in 16:9 mode at the top of screen, very anoying when watching
16:9 broadcasts from digi box, DVD etc, any one know if there is a service
menu that I can use to correct this.

I have read other people mentioning this anoying line in 16:9 mode, does
anyone know what setting I would alter.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Remove the DONTSPAM bit in my e-mail address if you are kind enough to help
me out

Mac

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00
cb wrote:

> I was pratting around with the service diagnostic mode on my Sony KV-25XU
> and managed to access something called 'aging mode' anyone know what this
> does?

AIUI, Maybe it 'ages' the screen meaning it displays pictures as if the
set had eg 6 months use, they change significantly thru their life. You
know the video wall type things? they often have an identical tv running
at the same time that isn't part of the wall. If a screen fails then it
can be replaced with this spare and all the colours/contrast etc will
still match across the differennt tv sets.

I'm sure someone will correct me/explain it all more accurately.

--
Mac.

Paul Bignell

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00
As far as I am aware this mode is used in the factory for 'Burning in' the
tube - as you say, best not to play with it.

"SimonR_UK" <simo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "cb" <christian...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> > I was pratting around with the service diagnostic mode on my Sony
KV-25XU
> > and managed to access something called 'aging mode' anyone know what
this
> > does?
> >

> > It was quite alarming as the picture became bright and washed out and
all
> > the menu's locked out. I somehow managed to disable it, It was on for
> about
> > 2 minutes or so.
> >
> > TV works fine now, but I'm concerned I may have damaged something.

Martin France

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00
"cb" <christian...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>I was pratting around with the service diagnostic mode on my Sony KV-25XU
>and managed to access something called 'aging mode' anyone know what this
>does?

>It was quite alarming as the picture became bright and washed out and all
>the menu's locked out. I somehow managed to disable it, It was on for about
>2 minutes or so.

>TV works fine now, but I'm concerned I may have damaged something.

" Doctor, doctor - it hurts when do this .. ! "

" Well, I wouldn't do that, then .. ! "

Mark Carver

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00

Mac <smoket...@bigfootTAKEOUT.com> wrote in message

> AIUI, Maybe it 'ages' the screen meaning it displays pictures as if the
> set had eg 6 months use, they change significantly thru their life. You
> know the video wall type things? they often have an identical tv running
> at the same time that isn't part of the wall. If a screen fails then it
> can be replaced with this spare and all the colours/contrast etc will
> still match across the differennt tv sets.
>
> I'm sure someone will correct me/explain it all more accurately.

No, Paul Bignell was correct further up this thread.

Its a mode to strip impurities off the cathode of the CRT.
Basically it involves hiking up the EHT and grid voltages, and
applying a peak white signal. Normally only used for a couple of hours at
the factory.

DO NOT USE IT, it will considerably shorten the life of the tube, and expose
you to excessive X-Rays.

Mike Gregory

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00

"cb" <christian...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I was pratting around with the service diagnostic mode on my Sony KV-25XU
> and managed to access something called 'aging mode' anyone know what this
> does?
>
> It was quite alarming as the picture became bright and washed out and all
> the menu's locked out. I somehow managed to disable it, It was on for
about
> 2 minutes or so.
>
> TV works fine now, but I'm concerned I may have damaged something.

I don't recall seeing anything about aging mode, but for more info on Sony
Service codes look here:
http://www.kv32tweak.freeuk.com/

Cheers,
Mike.

Chris Vowles

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00

Mike Henry <{$usenet$}@mrtickle.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
<p6s22t4pq84gplgbo...@4ax.com>...
> On 26 Nov 2000 18:24:27 GMT in <01c057d6$1f3a34a0$6591883e@laptop>,

> "Chris Vowles" <chris_vo...@DONTSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Please tell how you got into this mode as my KV-29X5U shows three
coloured
> >bands when in 16:9 mode at the top of screen, very anoying when watching
> >16:9 broadcasts from digi box, DVD etc, any one know if there is a
service
> >menu that I can use to correct this.
>

> I've already answered your question earlier today!
>
> I replied to your post in

alt.satellite.tv.europe,alt.tv.tech.misc,de.rec.tv.technik,rec.video.satelli
te.europe,uk.tech.digital-tv
> my answer was Message-ID:
> <8rc22toah8b0qo0s7...@4ax.com>
>
> HTH
> Mike

And I Thank you

To summerise

The stripe of colours I see is something like "Auto-Kine Bias", The AKB
pulse is the stripe of
lines which I dont like looking at, it's probably hard-wired to "on" and if
I could change it in the service menu (see http://www.kv32tweak.freeuk.com/
) my picture would look crap,

its not the answer I wanted, I also have a 14" sony TV, and when its in
widescreen I don't have the same visible band, I will have to use that in
preference to my 29" ..... NOT

mark_...@my-deja.com

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
In article <01c058a9$2ddf4c60$ab84883e@laptop>,
"Chris Vowles" <chris_vo...@DONTSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

> The stripe of colours I see is something like "Auto-Kine Bias", The
AKB
> pulse is the stripe of
> lines which I dont like looking at, it's probably hard-wired to "on"
and if
> I could change it in the service menu (see
http://www.kv32tweak.freeuk.com/
> ) my picture would look crap,
>
> its not the answer I wanted, I also have a 14" sony TV, and when its
in
> widescreen I don't have the same visible band, I will have to use
that in
> preference to my 29" ..... NOT

I've had the same on a 29 inch Sony 4:3 set of mine, when it was in
16:9 mode.
Also some semi-professional Sony PVM monitors exhibit the same effect,
and ISTR even seeing it on early Sony HDTV monitors !!.

AFAIK it cannot be removed by use of the engineering set up menus,
it seems to be a result of the start of line scan being obviously
'pushed' into the active screen area.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

tariqs...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2017, 2:44:19 PM6/21/17
how iam remove the aging time my sony tv 42 inch pleases tel me