Sky Go not working

Dave W

Jan 19, 2022, 5:36:01 PM1/19/22
I have used Sky Go on my PC to view a programme on Sky Arts (free),
but for some days it's being saying Sky Go is not available. I have
just tried installing their beta experimantal version, but that just
does nothing when I try to play a programme, not even giving an error
message.

Has anyone here had the same problems?
--
Dave W

John Hall

Jan 20, 2022, 4:46:59 AM1/20/22
In message <8a4hug1p1ivkdn5qv...@4ax.com>, Dave W
<dave...@yahoo.co.uk> writes
I hadn't used Sky Go for ages. When I clicked on the Sky Go shortcut on
my desktop, it told me that I needed to update it and guided me through
the process. After that it all seemed OK until I tried to watch a
programme (on the cricket channel), when it told me that I needed a Sky
TV subscription, which of course I have including Sky Sports. There
didn't seem to be any setting within Sky Go that I could use to fix
this. I wonder if the problem is that I have a Sky 1 box rather than a
Sky Q box.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

John Hall

Jan 20, 2022, 4:57:00 AM1/20/22
In message <DqP$OVEd7S6hFws9@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
<john_...@jhall.co.uk> writes
>In message <8a4hug1p1ivkdn5qv...@4ax.com>, Dave W
><dave...@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>>I have used Sky Go on my PC to view a programme on Sky Arts (free),
>>but for some days it's being saying Sky Go is not available. I have
>>just tried installing their beta experimantal version, but that just
>>does nothing when I try to play a programme, not even giving an error
>>message.
>>
>>Has anyone here had the same problems?
>
>I hadn't used Sky Go for ages. When I clicked on the Sky Go shortcut on
>my desktop, it told me that I needed to update it and guided me through
>the process. After that it all seemed OK until I tried to watch a
>programme (on the cricket channel), when it told me that I needed a Sky
>TV subscription, which of course I have including Sky Sports. There
>didn't seem to be any setting within Sky Go that I could use to fix
>this. I wonder if the problem is that I have a Sky 1 box rather than a
>Sky Q box.

And now, 5 minutes later, it's working. Possibly because I switched off
some setting relating to a Sky Q box, which didn't help immediately but
perhaps did the trick after I went out of the app and then back in.

The version of the Sky Go app for Windows that I'm using is downloadable
here:

https://www.sky.com/watch/sky-go/windows

Dave W

Jan 20, 2022, 11:54:29 AM1/20/22
I changed back from the beta version to the standard version, but
after downloading and installing, it still gave the same message and
"Try again later"
--
Dave W

Dave W

Jan 20, 2022, 3:15:36 PM1/20/22
On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 16:54:26 +0000, Dave W <dave...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
I've just seen an item online updated June 2021, which says you have
to be a Sky subscriber to use Sky G0. I must have been mistaken in
thinking I had viewed Sky Arts on it. I also saw another article from
2020 announcing that Sky was putting Sky Arts on Freeview, but without
free catchup.
--
Dave W