mobile phone mast rental

williamwright

Dec 16, 2021, 8:29:36 AM12/16/21
There's a story on GB News about the rental for phone mast sites being
reduced by 90%. Is it true?

Bill

MB

Dec 16, 2021, 8:42:49 AM12/16/21

SH

Dec 16, 2021, 8:44:05 AM12/16/21

Robin

Dec 16, 2021, 8:53:19 AM12/16/21
On 16/12/2021 13:29, williamwright wrote:
> rental for phone mast sites being reduced by 90%. Is it true?

Yes and no. Yes, rents have mostly been cut. But no, this ain't new.
It's a row that's rumbled on since legislation in 2017. Legislation
which IIRC was in response to demands from people in rural areas for
better mobile coverage which required new masts, for which landowners
wanted £000s a year per mast.

--
Robin

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Dec 17, 2021, 10:52:17 AM12/17/21
Probably, there do seem to be a lot of planning applications at the moment.
Slimline monopoles of differing heights, with x no of aerials and a wrap
around equipment bay at the bottom including 2 more stand alone cabinets for
ancillary use and associated work.
They often mention something called G8, but I have no idea what that is, I
suspect it probably is a code for just how unsightly it will be when they
put it up. I simply don't understand why they don't make more socially
aesthetically nice looking ones.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"williamwright" <wrights...@f2s.com> wrote in message

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Dec 17, 2021, 10:55:14 AM12/17/21
The big problem at the moment is nobody wants one opposite their house but
everyone wants better coverage for their phone.
I'd have thought though that if all the networks pooled their resources in
finding good places for masts and then shared the thing, it would go a long
way to stopping the plethora of masts we do seem to be getting at the
moment.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

tony sayer

Dec 20, 2021, 6:56:58 PM12/20/21
In article <j20t9t...@mid.individual.net>, williamwright
<wrights...@f2s.com> scribeth thus
>There's a story on GB News about the rental for phone mast sites being
>reduced by 90%. Is it true?
>
>Bill

Have a look at case studies under code powers and it will reveal what is
happening its to do with the digital economy act.

Its why some landlords don't want mobile telco's on their land
anymore;!..

https://www.cornerstone.network/tribunals-hub

--
Tony Sayer

R. Mark Clayton

Dec 21, 2021, 8:41:32 AM12/21/21
Mobile companies can now erect masts up to 20m high using "prior approval" mechanism, so round here they have been popping up near major roads etc. This will drive down the rent for premium rental sites (tall buildings, church towers etc.) They are also connecting them using microwave dishes rather than fibre, so apart from a power supply no digging up to get them online.