BBC Radio 5 dead

Brian Gaff

Sep 29, 2022, 3:42:09 AM9/29/22
I thin they need to rename it to that. I find it very good on low to send
one to sleep.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

wrights...@f2s.com

Sep 29, 2022, 10:24:10 AM9/29/22
On Thursday, 29 September 2022 at 08:42:09 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
> I thin they need to rename it to that. I find it very good on low to send
> one to sleep.
> Brian

And does it keep the other one awake?
Bill

Brian Gaff

Sep 30, 2022, 4:55:07 AM9/30/22
One implies there is only one.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"wrights...@aol.com" <wrights...@f2s.com> wrote in message

Scott

Sep 30, 2022, 5:04:41 AM9/30/22
On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 09:55:01 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
<brian...@gmail.com> wrote:

>One implies there is only one.
> Brian

The plural of spouse is spice? :-)

MB

Sep 30, 2022, 5:19:42 AM9/30/22
On 29/09/2022 08:42, Brian Gaff wrote:
> I thin they need to rename it to that. I find it very good on low to send
> one to sleep.

I often set the sleep time on my Roberts radio but it can be quite
disconcerting as it slowly reduces the volume before switching off -
that seems worse than the sudden switch off that most radios do as the
sleep timer ends.

Brian Gaff

Oct 1, 2022, 4:44:45 AM10/1/22
Hmm, I hope not, best ask that lot lot in Salt Lake City.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Scott" <newsg...@gefion.myzen.co.uk> wrote in message

Brian Gaff

Oct 1, 2022, 4:46:22 AM10/1/22
I don't know about the newer ones but the older ones used to reduce the
level in steps, each time it decremented it woke you up due to the change.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Max Demian

Oct 1, 2022, 9:18:08 AM10/1/22
On 01/10/2022 09:46, Brian Gaff wrote:

> I don't know about the newer ones but the older ones used to reduce the
> level in steps, each time it decremented it woke you up due to the change.

They used to work using the time it took for a cassette to play (even if
you were listening to radio). The click of it must have woken people up!

--
Max Demian