OT buses with pantographs

Tweed

Sep 13, 2022, 1:16:18 PM9/13/22
I’m in Warsaw at the moment (I’ve never been to Poland before) and am
surprised about the huge number of electric bendy buses in service. They
have what appears to be a retracted pantograph assembly on the roof. A bit
of reading reveals there are high speed charging points at the end of the
routes. So no need for any of this complicated under road induction
charging stuff, just a simple solution. They’ve also got a fleet of
compressed natural gas buses. Perhaps they might be tricky to fuel soon.

Tweed

Sep 13, 2022, 1:19:13 PM9/13/22
Oops, not the group I intended to post in. This very OT for here. Apologies

williamwright

Sep 13, 2022, 3:01:07 PM9/13/22
No we liked it. What's a pantygraph? Is it rude?

Bill

Brian Gaff

Sep 14, 2022, 4:07:32 AM9/14/22
I think they have had those busses for some time. I'm not sure what age they
actually are though, maybe not state of the art.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Tweed" <usenet...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Stephen Wolstenholme

Sep 14, 2022, 7:48:50 AM9/14/22
When I was young I remember buses with pantograph assembles on the
roof in Manchester. They weren't all over the city. The ones I
remember were around Stevenson square.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com

Tweed

Sep 14, 2022, 10:47:48 AM9/14/22
Brian Gaff <brian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think they have had those busses for some time. I'm not sure what age they
> actually are though, maybe not state of the art.
> Brian

They are very much state of the art. A couple of years old.

Adrian Caspersz

Sep 15, 2022, 8:57:04 AM9/15/22
On 14/09/2022 12:48, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
> When I was young I remember buses with pantograph assembles on the
> roof in Manchester. They weren't all over the city. The ones I
> remember were around Stevenson square.

How about trucks?

Tom Scott: The highway where trucks work like electric trains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3P_S7pL7Yg

--
Adrian C