More low standards on the BBC

John Williamson

Aug 3, 2022, 12:37:29 PM8/3/22
A split screen clip of two people watching a basketball game. They both
get excited and stand up after one team scores, so far so good. Then the
head of the taller person is lost above the frame top.

Can they not afford a cameraman now? It would only take a small nudge to
move it and reframe, even if it's remote controlled.

This is, supposedly, an event almost on a par with the Olympics for
goodness' sake. :-/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/commonwealth-games/62410429
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

MB

Aug 3, 2022, 1:16:01 PM8/3/22
On 03/08/2022 17:37, John Williamson wrote:
> Can they not afford a cameraman now? It would only take a small nudge to
> move it and reframe, even if it's remote controlled.

And the Daily Mail would make a fuss about having a cameraman standing
around in case they had to slightly move the camera.

Brian Gaff

Aug 4, 2022, 4:25:20 AM8/4/22
According to the adverts, they need a Meta Portal which can pan tilt and
turn to follow the person. Mind you it is made by the company who brings you
Facebook.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"John Williamson" <johnwil...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

Brian Gaff

Aug 4, 2022, 4:26:14 AM8/4/22
You could aim this at the nhs, they never have enough beds.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

MB

Aug 7, 2022, 9:15:52 AM8/7/22
Telegraph

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/08/06/bbc-sell-70m-eastenders-studios-bolster-flagging-finances/

BBC to sell £70m EastEnders studios to bolster flagging finances

Elstree is up for sale as broadcaster fights to make up for drop in
licence fee revenue

Mark Carver

Aug 7, 2022, 9:18:59 AM8/7/22
Sale and lease back. Not a particularly new or original idea.

MB

Aug 7, 2022, 11:42:05 AM8/7/22
On 07/08/2022 14:18, Mark Carver wrote:
> Sale and lease back. Not a particularly new or original idea.

Beancounters love doing that!

charles

Aug 7, 2022, 12:41:58 PM8/7/22
In article <tcomgb$kgp5$1...@dont-email.me>,
it's called "short-termism".

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England - sent from my RISC OS 4té