SOP: Gordon Sparks

Scott

Feb 8, 2024, 8:21:39 AMFeb 8
This is a very long shot, but does anyone have any recordings of the
late Gordon Sparks presenting the Golden Hour (Gordon Hour) at BBC
Radio Devon? I have written to a couple of presenters at the station,
with no success. I believe BBC policy is not to provide copies of
copyright material and in any event I assume such material will not be
retained long term.

Scott

Feb 8, 2024, 8:29:29 AMFeb 8
Again IGNORE.

John Williamson

Feb 8, 2024, 8:36:11 AMFeb 8
Depending on the station's retention pplicy, there will have been a
station log recording of him speaking available for a while, but these
are not normally available to those outside the station and the
authorities. These were or area a legal requirement, but were or are
normally deleted after a year or so and the media re-used.

Have you asked the station management or station archivist about these?
Presenters would have only had access to their own recordings, and may
not even be aware they exist.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Scott

Feb 8, 2024, 8:38:40 AMFeb 8
On Thu, 8 Feb 2024 13:36:09 +0000, John Williamson
<johnwil...@btinternet.com> wrote:
[snip]

Can we move to my corrected thread.

Brian Gaff

Feb 11, 2024, 8:43:41 AMFeb 11
No there were a number of shows like this. I often wonder about the
ramblings of Keith Skews on the East of England late shows.
They have lost a lot of well loved presenters by making the late shows on
local radio national. They appear now to be coming from Salford and London
at the weekends.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Scott" <newsg...@gefion.myzen.co.uk> wrote in message

Scott

Feb 15, 2024, 11:56:30 AMFeb 15
On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:43:38 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
<brian...@gmail.com> wrote:

>No there were a number of shows like this. I often wonder about the
>ramblings of Keith Skews on the East of England late shows.
> They have lost a lot of well loved presenters by making the late shows on
>local radio national. They appear now to be coming from Salford and London
>at the weekends.
> Brian

I can see an argument for closing (the local station) late at night
when the audiences are probably very low (did they not go to Radio 2
at either 7 pm or 8 pm in the old days?) but it is totally
unacceptable not to provide local service during daytime including
weekends (IMO of course).