Russian mobile propaganda jammer / transmitter

MB

Jun 10, 2022, 1:38:35 PM6/10/22
From Twitter

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1535264277384286212

Russian forces and soldiers from the "Donetsk people's militia" are
deploying mobile propaganda stations to suppress Ukrainian TV signals
and "allow Ukrainian troops to discover what the real situation is in
the conflict zone" (with subtitles)

williamwright

Jun 10, 2022, 3:33:07 PM6/10/22
They're right buggers the Russians, aren't they?

Bill

MB

Jun 10, 2022, 4:19:41 PM6/10/22
On 10/06/2022 20:33, williamwright wrote:
> They're right buggers the Russians, aren't they?

I think the County Palatine should put one on the top of the Pennines
and try to educate those on the East side.

Brian Gaff

Jun 11, 2022, 5:52:07 AM6/11/22
Whose version of reality you choose to believe is as always, up to you I
suppose.
Propaganda has always been part of warfare, but its getting harder these
days with the ways info can be harvested. How long before somebody blows up
a satellite?
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

John Williamson

Jun 11, 2022, 6:20:38 AM6/11/22
On 11/06/2022 10:51, Brian Gaff wrote:
> How long before somebody blows up a satellite?
> Brian

It has already been done. The Chinese destroyed one as a proof of
concept test.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

J. P. Gilliver (John)

Jun 11, 2022, 10:24:29 AM6/11/22
On Sat, 11 Jun 2022 at 11:20:37, John Williamson
<johnwil...@btinternet.com> wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
>On 11/06/2022 10:51, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> How long before somebody blows up a satellite?
>> Brian

Not just communication: how many of the GPS constellation would have to
be knocked out to make it less useful? (Or do the Russians use them
themselves too much?)

>It has already been done. The Chinese destroyed one as a proof of
>concept test.

I recommend the SF book "Torus" - good yarn, whether its central premise
is valid or not (I don't know - it seemed at least plausible, as with
IMO all good SF). I can't remember who by - possibly Ben Bova, though I
think James (not Ken) Follett.

Someone once said that scientists and prostitutes get paid for doing what they
enjoy. - Prof Stepehen Hawking in RT 2013/12/7-13