Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

Grant Slater

Visto 246 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Mike

no leída,
21 nov 1999, 3:00:0021/11/99
Has anyone heard of Grant Slater?

Rabid Bee

no leída,
22 nov 1999, 3:00:0022/11/99
> Has anyone heard of Grant Slater?

Specifically what? Do you mean ever, or since his mad-cap loss of
reason at Fife a few years ago?

Cheers, alex the Infrequent Flyer

Mike

no leída,
22 nov 1999, 3:00:0022/11/99
What did he do at Fife then?

Mike

Rabid Bee <rabi...@mcmail.com> wrote in message

William(Bill) J Leslie

no leída,
22 nov 1999, 3:00:0022/11/99
Mike wrote:

Grant Slater has a sine die suspension see BINH page under discipline

Bill

Bryan Heron

no leída,
22 nov 1999, 3:00:0022/11/99
A couple of seasons ago at Fife, Grant totally lost the plot while playing
for Paisley. It basically ended with him halving people with his stick and
then just launching himself into the Fife bench head first. Needless to say,
everyone kept well away from him, even the Paisley players until Doug
Marsden (then Pirates coach) got a hold of him and man-handled him to the
dressing room.

That was the first away game I'd ever attended (first season following the
Pirates) - I thought it was like that every weekend! Couldn't wait until my
next visit through to Fife!!

It was the worst violence I've ever encountered - he just went mental! Funny
thing is, he wasn't too bad a player either.

GO PIRATES!

Rabid Bee

no leída,
23 nov 1999, 3:00:0023/11/99
> What did he do at Fife then?

Knew that might tempt you...:-)

He attempted to kill a few Fife players - I (unfortunately) missed the
match, but a friend has the video, so I've seen it a few times. I'll
try and describe the events as near as I recall them.....

There was a long stoppage, because Plews had injured himself whist
trying to crosscheck Frank Morris from behind. I can't really tell why
- presumably because both Slaters have been a shilling short of a pound
for a long time - but Grant Slater suddenly went beserk. He lifted his
stick above his head, and tried to chop down Bill Moody (who is the
nicest, most proffessional bloke you could ever meet, so why he did it,
I don't know). Bill said afterwards he couldn't believe what was
happening, so he just stood on the spot. Anyway, a hefty whack on the
legs with the stick got him moving!

There were three Fifers all standing in a group, and they all skated in
seperate directions. You could see Slater wanted to go after all three,
but I think he eventually went after Andy Samuel. Anyway, whoever it
was headed for the sanctuary of the Fife bench, but Slater was seeing
but red mist by then, and charged in after him.

We appeared to be on the verge of pandemonium when the Paisley bench
cleared and charged at the Fife bench, but they were in fact going after
Slater, to drag him away and off the ice. He was forced over to the
dressing room (and had to be restrained a couple of times) by Doug
Marsden, who to his credit said immediately after the game that Slater
would never play for Paisley again. Mind you, it was pretty likely
Slater would never play for anyone again - and he duelly got a sine die
ban from the BIHA.

The last bit I have only as hearsay, so I have no idea of its
authenticity, but what the hey?! :-) Apparently, Grant's brother Mark,
who was on the Fife team (but injured) at the time, went into the
dressing room after Grant and kicked seven bells of shite out of him.
He was pulled off by someone else, told them to fuck off "this is
family!", and went back in after him.

And that was all just before Christmas, as well!

Cheers, Alex the Infrequent Flyer

0 mensajes nuevos