Ok,so who is it?

Darren

Mar 5, 2003, 3:19:50 PM3/5/03
The shagaround mystery Premiership player that can`t be named?

Cuzman

Mar 5, 2003, 8:38:51 PM3/5/03
"Ben Blaney" <benb...@ukrm.net> wrote in message

" so surely it's only matter of time..."

I've heard three different names, and one of them plays for us.

Cuzman

Mar 6, 2003, 9:25:40 AM3/6/03
"Ben Blaney" <benb...@ukrm.net> wrote in message

" Go on..."

Someone on another newsgroup threw "DJ" into the mire.

Kaz

Mar 6, 2003, 11:51:42 AM3/6/03
"Darren" <ri...@block.com> wrote in message
: The shagaround mystery Premiership player that can`t be named?
:
:
M Owen, apparently, on another group, they said the BBC accidentally put it on the
website.

dutman

Mar 7, 2003, 11:34:03 AM3/7/03
"Darren" <ri...@block.com> wrote in message news:<gYs9a.213$Py6...@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> The shagaround mystery Premiership player that can`t be named?

if anyone can translate norweigan, then this may help :)

http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2003/03/04/363106.html
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=32734

PeterMcC

Mar 7, 2003, 11:47:39 AM3/7/03

I'm afraid I can read Norwegian so I still don't know but I'd have to agree
with the reporter - that Louise Bonsall really is a barndormskjaeresten,
isn't she; though I thought it was a bit much to describe her as a gravide
samboer - it doesn't cost anything to keep a civil tongue.

:)
--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Alexander Kristiansen

Mar 7, 2003, 1:22:41 PM3/7/03

"dutman" <ja...@dutman.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Darren" <ri...@block.com> wrote in message
> > The shagaround mystery Premiership player that can`t be named?
>
> if anyone can translate norweigan, then this may help :)

I can give it a shot, since I am Norwegian.

> http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2003/03/04/363106.html

Unfaithful Owen stops the rumors

Liverpool star Michael Owen has gotten a court order on that the story of
his affair outside of marriage not will be publicised.

Michael Owen was for many years portrayed as the down to earth boy that
didn't do anything wrong. He's living with childhood sweethart Ouise Bonsall
who's pregnant with the couple's first child, and bought a house in
Liverpool for his parents. This summer the image cracked.

(then something about his gambling problems) Now there's rumors that say's
he's been unfaithful to his pregnant wife. According to VG (a Norwegian
newpaper) the relationship between Owen and Bonsall deteriorated last
spring. Owen then alledgedly started a sexual relationship with another
woman.

But when Bosall got pregnant Owen is said to have ended the affair with the
other woman and gotten his afair at home back on tracks.

Bitter Ex

When Owen told his lover about the pregnancy she is said to have gotten
angry. She is then said to have made contact with the sunday tabloids Sunday
People and News of the world to offer them intimite pictures and private
letters from the relationship with Owen. According to VG both tabloids
planned to print the story yesterday.

Owen and his lawyers, how ever, did manage to stop it when they got the
courts to put down a ban on printing the story. According to VG Owen is said
to have been in a meeting with his lawyers until 1 am the night before the
league cup final. There they laid down the strategy to prevent the story
from coming out.

A disservice (The original frase is impossible to directly translate)

- This is an own goal By dealing with the matter like this, the player
doesn't achieve anything other than making sure that the story will break,
either through internet pages that isn't subject to the court order,or in
other countries, where the story probably is known as well, says the known
british media lawyer Mar Stevens to english press.

Stevens opinion is that the ban by the courts creates more uproar then if
the story had been printed in british press.

> http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=32734

The story here is basically the same.

Alexander Kristiansen

Alexander Kristiansen

Mar 7, 2003, 1:24:58 PM3/7/03

"PeterMcC" <pe...@mccourt.org.uk> wrote in message

> dutman wrote:
> > "Darren" <ri...@block.com> wrote in message
> >> The shagaround mystery Premiership player that can`t be named?
> >
> > if anyone can translate norweigan, then this may help :)
> >
> > http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2003/03/04/363106.html
> > http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=32734
>
> I'm afraid I can read Norwegian so I still don't know but I'd have to
agree
> with the reporter - that Louise Bonsall really is a barndormskjaeresten,
> isn't she; though I thought it was a bit much to describe her as a gravide
> samboer - it doesn't cost anything to keep a civil tongue.
>
> :)

barndomskjæresten = childhood sweetheart
gravid samboer = pregnant partner (the term samboer means that they live
together)

=)

Alexander Kristiansen

PeterMcC

Mar 7, 2003, 2:04:34 PM3/7/03
Alexander Kristiansen wrote:
> "PeterMcC" <pe...@mccourt.org.uk> wrote in message

>> I'm afraid I can read Norwegian so I still don't know but I'd have

>> to agree with the reporter - that Louise Bonsall really is a
>> barndormskjaeresten, isn't she; though I thought it was a bit much
>> to describe her as a gravide samboer - it doesn't cost anything to
>> keep a civil tongue.
>>
>> :)
>
> barndomskjæresten = childhood sweetheart
> gravid samboer = pregnant partner (the term samboer means that they
> live together)
>
> =)

Thanks, Alexander, that works for me :)

ABCD

Mar 12, 2003, 5:01:07 PM3/12/03
Owen's no Saint Michael
Paper says he cheated on childhood sweetheart with childhood pal

LIVERPOOL - First came revelations that he was a huge gambler. Michael
Owen's squeaky-clean image has now taken another huge knock with news
that he has been unfaithful to his seven-month pregnant childhood
sweetheart Louise Bonsall.

The British media has been gagged by a court order issued on Friday
from reporting the latest juicy scandal involving a top-named soccer
star.

Barely weeks after disclosure of Ryan Giggs' affair with the girl of
his good friend, came news that a young lady was prepared to bare all
about her affairs with an 'England international'.

The scorned woman was prepared to support her charges with indiscreet
pictures and swooning love letters.

Thanks to the Internet, almost all England knows the lover. But the
media has to play it dumb.

Wrote a frustrated News of The World: 'We know the name of the star
and his ex-lover but cannot publish them.'

The court ruling comes in the wake of a controversy last year, when
Blackburn star Gary Flitcroft obtained a similar ruling.

In that case, the order was to prevent publication of a story about
his affairs with two women.

The married father of two ran up 200,000 in legal costs but was later
named when the courts overturned the original gagging order.

Yesterday, other European newspapers - outside the jurisdiction of the
British court - named the latest Romeo as pretty-boy Owen.

It was only last November, that the striker disclosed publicly that
Bonsall was pregnant with his child.

Since then, he had scored only thrice for Liverpool in the
Premiership.

Their romance was the stuff of fairy tales.

The couple grew up together in north Wales, and first met in primary
school. They started dated at 14.

Now it appears that the reality is far less idyllic.

Norway's newspaper Verdens Gang reported that the relationship hit the
rocks last year, and Owen began bedding another woman - believed to be
a childhood friend from Liverpool.

However, on learning that Bonsall was pregnant after last year's World
Cup, the 22-year-old England striker dumped his new girlfriend and
went back to the former.

Although they had no immediate plans to marry, they announced on Nov
18 that they were expecting their first child.

They are expected to bring up their child in a 1.6-million Tudor manor
house in Northop, Flintshire, in north Wales.

Owen bought the property last year and his extensive refurbishment
plans include a lavish play room, stables for 10 horses and a
glass-roofed leisure-and-fitness wing.

He had then said: 'I've had a few exciting moments in my career but
nothing that compares to how I felt when Louise told me the news.'

Former bank clerk Bonsall, also 22, agreed: 'We are both really
delighted and excited at the prospect of being parents for the first
time.'

Less delighted was the ex-lover. She was so furious that she got in
touch with British tabloids to sell her story.

She also wanted to make public 'personal' letters from him and
'intimate' photographs they had taken.

The Sunday People and the News of the World were reportedly ready to
run the story before the gag order.

The BBC reported that the player had gone to court because the woman
had demanded large sums of money from him in return for not selling
the story.

Under the injunction, the ex-lover is not even allowed to discuss the
relationship with her friends and family.

Verdens Gang reported that prior to scoring the second goal in
Liverpool's 2-0 win over Manchester United in last week's League Cup
final, he was up until 1am with his lawyers trying to rein in news of
the scandal.

It remains to be seen how successful the gagging order will be.

In fact, a BBC message board had already let slip Owen's name before
deleting it. One message named him before adding: 'Naughty boy'.

This new scandal comes in the wake of revelations in January that the
striker was one of the biggest gamblers in the England team.

The Times reported him losing 30,000 to his team-mates during the
World Cup.

Mark Stevens, a prominent English lawyer, believes the England
international is handling the situation wrongly.

'It's like scoring an own goal,' he said.

Another lawyer, Kolvin Stone, told ITV: 'The irony is that taking
legal action can often simply draw extra attention to the case, which
just makes things worse.'