Brexit blow: exports to Japan slump after ‘landmark’ free trade deal

Darth Simian

Nov 27, 2022, 3:30:18 AM11/27/22
The first major free trade agreement signed by Britain after Brexit has
been branded a failure after new figures showed exports had fallen since
it came into force.

Liz Truss signed a “historic” deal with Japan as trade secretary in
October 2020, describing it as a “landmark moment for Britain”. It was
claimed it would boost trade by billions of pounds and help the UK
recover from the pandemic.

However, figures collated by the Department for International Trade show
exports to Japan fell from £12.3bn to £11.9bn in the year to June 2022.
Exports in goods fell 4.9% to £6.1bn and services fell 2% to £5.8bn.

The decline is a significant setback for supporters of Brexit who
claimed global trade with non-EU countries would help compensate for any
losses from leaving the single market.
more...
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/nov/26/brexit-britain-japan-trade-deal-exports-slump

The sad little UK is becoming a third world country!
WEF exerts like myself warned the S*n reading idiots, but no one
listened! 🇬🇧🔥🤬
🌍👁️
--
At Rothschild & Co, we have the ambition to support and drive the
sustainability transition of the global economy. A common set of