The former England footballer turned TV pundit Alex Scott said it was "truly humbling" to be presented with an honorary doctorate.

Darth Simian

Sep 17, 2021, 2:13:29 PM9/17/21
Scott was one of three players to be awarded science doctorates by the
University of Hertfordshire.

Kim Little, co-captain of Team GB's women's football team, and Watford
legend Luther Blissett were also given the special recognition.

The ceremony at St Albans Cathedral saw 14 honorary doctorates awarded.

Scott, who was also a member of the British Olympic team at London 2012,
said: "To receive an honorary doctorate in science truly is humbling,
and is such a personal and professional achievement.

"I signed with Arsenal Football Club at the age of eight, and for most
of my career I trained at the university's Hertfordshire Sports Village.

"The village quite simply became my home away from home for many decades
of my sporting career - it is a very special place and deserves huge
credit for my footballing progress."
more...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-58558214
💉😷🔫
--
There is an urgent need for global stakeholders to cooperate in
simultaneously managing the direct consequences of the COVID-19 crisis.