Well done India

Richard Dixon

Aug 16, 2021, 4:51:19 PM8/16/21
Bullied England into submission. I can imagine some England fans expecting a meek Indian submission will have their noses put out of joint by gobby Kohli manufacturing an in-your-face team in his image. I'm not a huge fan of Kohli the bloke as he seems wonderfully vain (although given his deity status in India it's hardly a surprise it's gone to his head) but a lot of his mouthiness today was done with a smile on his face.

Admittedly England are pretty poor side at the moment but goodness me this must be getting towards a once-in-a-generation Indian side following the win in Australia. I cannot see England getting back into this, much as I'd obviously like to be disproven as I simply don't think we've got the talent waiting in the wings to swap out failing players in the current side

With Stokes, Archer, Stone, Broad et al. all out I do wonder what our team should be for the next. Sibley given the heave-ho, Hameed shifted up to his natural 1/2 position and Pope at 3? Goodness knows...

Richard

max.it

Aug 16, 2021, 5:10:55 PM8/16/21
I hope England players don't feel as if they are just 'marking time'
until the return of the absentees.
Robinson is a good bowler, but he's a wee bit slow with the 'smarts'.
moladh an óige agus tiocfaidh sí

max.it

Richard Dixon

Aug 16, 2021, 5:40:55 PM8/16/21
On Monday, 16 August 2021 at 22:10:55 UTC+1, max.it wrote:

> I hope England players don't feel as if they are just 'marking time'
> until the return of the absentees.
> Robinson is a good bowler, but he's a wee bit slow with the 'smarts'.

He's been one of the few (new) pluses of the summer.

England are going to get a lot of overs out of him. I also suspect he'll be getting some handy runs down the order.

Richard

mike

Aug 16, 2021, 6:24:18 PM8/16/21
On Monday, August 16, 2021 at 10:10:55 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 13:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Richard Dixon
> <richsdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Bullied England into submission. I can imagine some England fans expecting a meek Indian submission will have their noses put out of joint by gobby Kohli manufacturing an in-your-face team in his image. I'm not a huge fan of Kohli the bloke as he seems wonderfully vain (although given his deity status in India it's hardly a surprise it's gone to his head) but a lot of his mouthiness today was done with a smile on his face.

the faces he pulls remind me of the tv meercats. and what about the lap he did with the raised finger
when root was out. i cant recall another captain who might have done that. that said i cant understand
why he batted on after lunch. it just used up time which, seeing england got within 9 overs of the end,
might have proved costly especially with the dropped catches.

> >Admittedly England are pretty poor side at the moment but goodness me this must be getting towards a once-in-a-generation Indian side following the win in Australia. I cannot see England getting back into this, much as I'd obviously like to be disproven as I simply don't think we've got the talent waiting in the wings to swap out failing players in the current side

the only batters who have some experience would be vince and malan who've all been tried
before plus are otherwise occupied in the 100.

> >With Stokes, Archer, Stone, Broad et al. all out I do wonder what our team should be for the next. Sibley given the heave-ho, Hameed shifted up to his natural 1/2 position and Pope at 3? Goodness knows...

thats sounds suspiciously likely. but hameed is as nervy as a kitten, he could barely lay
a bat on ball except when he was dropped, i dont think hes the answer to our woes,
and usually playing people out of position in spots they dont like doesnt usually work.

Root was clearly upset at the end and taking it all to heart, which is slightly unfair for someone
whos scored 213 runs in a match. England did get their tactics wrong in the morning,
but i suspect it was less roots idea than 'all these analysts' the commentators kept going
on about. However even if england had bowled them out for 210, seeing how well
india bowled, i doubt england could have made the target. At least they will know
now what to expect if they go to australia this winter.

england started with batting problems but now they have bowling ones too. so many
of their bowlers are injured, wood might be added to the list although hes got a week to
recover, plus india have done a number on jimmys mind. he took 5for in the first, they
bowled short to the body at him, and he didnt get a wkt and looked petrified coming
out today. and i wouldnt be surprised if ali said sorry fellas i prefer playing
for birmingham.

mike

chandelle

Aug 16, 2021, 9:10:58 PM8/16/21
On Tuesday, August 17, 2021 at 12:51:19 AM UTC+4, richsdi...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm not a huge fan of Kohli the bloke as he seems wonderfully vain (although given his deity status in India it's hardly a surprise it's gone to his head)

Kohli is, from all accounts, a most earthy, normal sort of bloke off the field, and known to be quite humane in his own way. He transforms into a snarling, thoroughly dislikeable git on the field, however, although even that has been tempered over the past couple of years.

> Admittedly England are pretty poor side at the moment but goodness me this must be getting towards a once-in-a-generation Indian side

Once-in-a-generation bowling unit. India has always had the batters but four potential match-winning bowlers in its ranks? Never - and Ashwin isn't finished yet.

> With Stokes, Archer, Stone, Broad et al. all out I do wonder what our team should be for the next. Sibley given the heave-ho, Hameed shifted up to his natural 1/2 position and Pope at 3? Goodness knows...

To be brutally honest, the problem with the England team is that it is Root, Anderson and some 9 misfiring others.

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

Aug 17, 2021, 12:54:58 AM8/17/21
On 8/16/2021 6:10 PM, chandelle wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 17, 2021 at 12:51:19 AM UTC+4, richsdi...@gmail.com wrote:
>> I'm not a huge fan of Kohli the bloke as he seems wonderfully vain (although given his deity status in India it's hardly a surprise it's gone to his head)

> Kohli is, from all accounts, a most earthy, normal sort of bloke off the field, and known to be quite humane in his own way. He transforms into a snarling, thoroughly dislikeable git on the field, however, although even that has been tempered over the past couple of years.

Kohli is the perfect anti-dote DESPERATELY NEEDED for India, to REMOVE
SLAVISHNESS TO WHITES from Indian Minds.

You won't understand these things, because you don't have the ability to
SEE THE BIG PICTURE.

Some Indian players addressed Eoin Morgan as "Sir", because of the
INFINITE SELF LOATHING and SLAVISHNESS "INJECTED into Indian brains" by
the british racist thieves for 200 years.

Eoin Morgan even made fun of them.

Entire Nation of SLAVISH INDIANS including YOU, "automatically LOOK UP
TO WHITES" in their minds.

This POISON NEEDS TO BE REMOVED from Indian minds on an EMERGENCY BASIS.

India NEEDS MORE KOHLIs.

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

Aug 17, 2021, 1:08:56 AM8/17/21
On 8/16/2021 1:51 PM, Richard Dixon wrote:
> Bullied England into submission. I can imagine some England fans expecting a meek Indian submission will have their noses put out of joint by gobby Kohli manufacturing an in-your-face team in his image. I'm not a huge fan of Kohli the bloke as he seems wonderfully vain (although given his deity status in India it's hardly a surprise it's gone to his head) but a lot of his mouthiness today was done with a smile on his face.

It is just your "opinion", NOT A FACT.

Kohli is a very down to earth human, off the field.

That infinitely OVER RATED, whitedick sucking gandhi turned India into a
nation of COWARD PACIFISTS.

Kohli is the perfect anti-dote DESPERATELY NEEDED for India, to REMOVE
SLAVISHNESS TO WHITES from Indian Minds.

You won't understand these things, because you don't have the ability to
SEE THE BIG PICTURE.

Some Indian players addressed Eoin Morgan as "Sir", because of the
INFINITE SELF LOATHING and SLAVISHNESS "INJECTED into Indian brains" by
the british racist thieves for 200 years.

Eoin Morgan even made fun of those Indian players.

Entire Nation of SLAVISH INDIANS, "automatically LOOK UP TO WHITES" in
their minds.

This POISON NEEDS TO BE REMOVED from Indian minds on an EMERGENCY BASIS.

India NEEDS MORE KOHLIs.

RH

Aug 17, 2021, 2:36:46 AM8/17/21
Now let me see, Hameed scorred 0 and 9 and Curran got a king pair and took 1-114 ........ RH

RH

Aug 17, 2021, 2:43:18 AM8/17/21
On Monday, August 16, 2021 at 10:10:55 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> max.it us

Robinson in 2nd Test
33 10 73 2
17 6 45 2

50 16 118 4 (Match)

It isn't England's bowling which is the problem... RH

RH

Aug 17, 2021, 2:48:21 AM8/17/21
The bowling isn't the problem... RH

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

Aug 17, 2021, 4:49:42 AM8/17/21
I don't think Hameed is very talented BUT one test is not enough to
prove himself.

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

Aug 17, 2021, 4:51:39 AM8/17/21
I am GLAD India "HUMILIATED YOU" by winning the Lord's test.

Note: I am NOT insulting England, ONLY this lunatic racistfuck Robert
Henderson.

John Hall

Aug 17, 2021, 5:21:20 AM8/17/21
In message <b305dc81-65c4-44c3...@googlegroups.com>,
Richard Dixon <richsdi...@gmail.com> writes
>Bullied England into submission. I can imagine some England fans
>expecting a meek Indian submission will have their noses put out of
>joint by gobby Kohli manufacturing an in-your-face team in his image.
>I'm not a huge fan of Kohli the bloke as he seems wonderfully vain
>(although given his deity status in India it's hardly a surprise it's
>gone to his head) but a lot of his mouthiness today was done with a
>smile on his face.

Yes, well done India.

>Admittedly England are pretty poor side at the moment but goodness me
>this must be getting towards a once-in-a-generation Indian side
>following the win in Australia.

I'd go further than that, and suggest that it's their best side ever.
They have had stronger batting sides, but never a pace bowling attack to
match this one, and their resilience and will to win is exceptional.
Many pundits were suggesting that it had been a mistake to choose four
pace bowlers at the expense of Ashwin, but it didn't turn out like that.

> I cannot see England getting back into this, much as I'd obviously
>like to be disproven as I simply don't think we've got the talent
>waiting in the wings to swap out failing players in the current side

No. If you were choosing a combined England/India team, Root would be
the only England player sure of getting into it. India's pace attack is
so good, that even Anderson wouldn't be sure of making the combined XI.

>With Stokes, Archer, Stone, Broad et al. all out I do wonder what our
>team should be for the next. Sibley given the heave-ho, Hameed shifted
>up to his natural 1/2 position and Pope at 3? Goodness knows...
>
>Richard

I'd be nervous about Pope at 3, or Bairstow at 3 to accommodate Pope at
5 - though it does seem unfortunate that there's no room for the most
promising and technically correct of the younger brigade. Malan at 3
would be an alternative.

Apart from Sibley, Curran must be the player most at risk. If Woakes is
fit in time for Headingley, he would replace him, I imagine.

Clutching at straws, it could be a good omen that the next match is at
Headingley. Every twenty years from 1961, England have pulled off an
unexpected victory there. A terrific spell by Trueman, bowling cutters,
caused an Australian collapse in 1961 when they had appeared
well-placed, and enabled England to win. We all know what happened in
1981, and in 2001 a great innings of 173* by Butcher enabled England to
chase down a target of over 300 following a declaration by Australia.
Could the sequence be continued in 2021?
--
John Hall "Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always
pays off now." Anon

John Hall

Aug 17, 2021, 5:21:20 AM8/17/21
In message <unklhgpoml17iedk0...@4ax.com>, max. it
<m...@tea.time> writes
>I hope England players don't feel as if they are just 'marking time'
>until the return of the absentees. Robinson is a good bowler, but he's
>a wee bit slow with the 'smarts'. moladh an óige agus tiocfaidh sí

It wasn't just him, though. Root and the pace bowlers seem to have been
provoked into bowling short at Bumrah and Shami because the former had
done so at Anderson the previous day, rather than try to get them caught
behind, bowled or lbw, and they continued with that plan even when it
was clear it wasn't working.

John Hall

Aug 17, 2021, 5:21:20 AM8/17/21
In message <90453f74-a2fb-40d9...@googlegroups.com>,
mike <dmik...@yahoo.co.uk> writes
<snip>
>that said i cant understand why he batted on after lunch. it just used
>up time which, seeing england got within 9 overs of the end, might have
>proved costly especially with the dropped catches.

I saw it suggested that he did so because it was more unsettling for
England's openers, rather than having had forty minutes to prepare
themselves over lunch. If so, it certainly worked!

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

Aug 17, 2021, 5:45:01 AM8/17/21
On 8/16/2021 3:24 PMSp , mike wrote:
> On Monday, August 16, 2021 at 10:10:55 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 13:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Richard Dixon
>> <richsdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Bullied England into submission. I can imagine some England fans expecting a meek Indian submission will have their noses put out of joint by gobby Kohli manufacturing an in-your-face team in his image. I'm not a huge fan of Kohli the bloke as he seems wonderfully vain (although given his deity status in India it's hardly a surprise it's gone to his head) but a lot of his mouthiness today was done with a smile on his face.
>
> the faces he pulls remind me of the tv meercats. and what about the lap he did with the raised finger
> when root was out. i cant recall another captain who might have done that.

I would have celebrated exactly like Kohli, if I were the Indian captain
for the following reasons.

Root has been scoring centuries against India like a run-machine
non-stop this year.

India just couldn't get Root out even in home series earlier this year.

Getting Root out was paramount for India to have ANY CHANCE of winning
Lords test.

So Kohli was delirious when he took Root's catch, and then celebrated.

All these complaints about Kohli celebrations are "extremely silly".

SO WHAT if other captains DON'T CELEBRATE like Kohli?

That is completely WRONG WAY of thinking.

max.it

Aug 17, 2021, 7:22:25 AM8/17/21
On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 10:14:13 +0100, John Hall
<john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <unklhgpoml17iedk0...@4ax.com>, max. it
><m...@tea.time> writes
>>I hope England players don't feel as if they are just 'marking time'
>>until the return of the absentees. Robinson is a good bowler, but he's
>>a wee bit slow with the 'smarts'. moladh an óige agus tiocfaidh sí
>
>It wasn't just him, though. Root and the pace bowlers seem to have been
>provoked into bowling short at Bumrah and Shami because the former had
>done so at Anderson the previous day, rather than try to get them caught
>behind, bowled or lbw, and they continued with that plan even when it
>was clear it wasn't working.

I think he got Pant and Sharma with slower deliveries 79mph(?). I
could be dreaming again. I remember thinking he should bowl a few more
like that.

On Saturday I watched the all Ireland football semi final (GAA).
Dublin V Mayo. Dublin hadn't lost a game since 2014. Mayo pushed them
to extra time and when it began to look as if Mayo wouldn't die the
Dulin team got very ragged, ill disciplined, lost their focus and the
match.
The pressure of expectation must be immense on some sports people. Now
for England only a win can save the series and the pressure continues
to build.

mike

Aug 17, 2021, 8:05:03 AM8/17/21
On Tuesday, August 17, 2021 at 10:21:20 AM UTC+1, John Hall wrote:
> In message <b305dc81-65c4-44c3...@googlegroups.com>,
> I'd be nervous about Pope at 3, or Bairstow at 3 to accommodate Pope at
> 5 - though it does seem unfortunate that there's no room for the most
> promising and technically correct of the younger brigade. Malan at 3
> would be an alternative.

england have lacked a proper no3 since 2013, they should choose someone
who usually bats there not just plug the hole with a youngster.

> Apart from Sibley, Curran must be the player most at risk. If Woakes is
> fit in time for Headingley, he would replace him, I imagine.

if not, clearly Darren stevens must play ;)

> Clutching at straws, it could be a good omen that the next match is at
> Headingley. Every twenty years from 1961, England have pulled off an
> unexpected victory there. A terrific spell by Trueman, bowling cutters,
> caused an Australian collapse in 1961 when they had appeared
> well-placed, and enabled England to win. We all know what happened in
> 1981, and in 2001 a great innings of 173* by Butcher enabled England to
> chase down a target of over 300 following a declaration by Australia.
> Could the sequence be continued in 2021?

the miracle already took place in 2019, so therefore not due again
til 2039 ;)

mike

Anami Imana

Aug 17, 2021, 1:36:59 PM8/17/21
On Tuesday, August 17, 2021 at 2:51:20 PM UTC+5:30, John Hall wrote:
> In message <b305dc81-65c4-44c3...@googlegroups.com>,
> Richard Dixon <richsdi...@gmail.com> writes
<snip>

> >Admittedly England are pretty poor side at the moment but goodness me
> >this must be getting towards a once-in-a-generation Indian side
> >following the win in Australia.
> I'd go further than that, and suggest that it's their best side ever.
> They have had stronger batting sides, but never a pace bowling attack to
> match this one, and their resilience and will to win is exceptional.

With some exceptions, every Indian team of past 20 years has been better than all previous teams. Yes, there have been slumps like the 2011 tours of England/Australia, but the trend has been upward. Let’s see if this continues.

Regards,
Jayen
<snip>