Amazing debut

mike

Jul 27, 2022, 5:41:33 PM7/27/22
Well he hadnt batted before anyway. Even though its only
a T20 thrash, this Stubbs looks an exciting prospect. Reminded
me of SS at his peak, England didnt know how to bowl at him, and
until he got out, they were worried. Someone sign him up for
the 100 fast!

mike

max.it

Jul 27, 2022, 6:19:28 PM7/27/22
On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 14:41:31 -0700 (PDT), mike <dmik...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
He almost done the job this evening.
Buttler has started to find his mojo, and the Bairstow, Moeen double
act is just class. The Jordan exhibition of deliveries that some of
the more morbid of our type ;-) might call 'death bowling' was just
even more class.

max.it

Robert Henderson

Jul 28, 2022, 4:45:00 AM7/28/22
I only listened to the game on R5X but he did seem to be feasting off a good deal of short stuff. RH

David North

Jul 28, 2022, 8:42:02 AM7/28/22
On Wednesday, 27 July 2022 at 23:19:28 UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 14:41:31 -0700 (PDT), mike <dmik...@yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >Well he hadnt batted before anyway. Even though its only
> >a T20 thrash, this Stubbs looks an exciting prospect. Reminded
> >me of SS at his peak, England didnt know how to bowl at him, and
> >until he got out, they were worried. Someone sign him up for
> >the 100 fast!
> >
> >mike
> He almost done the job this evening.
> Buttler has started to find his mojo, and the Bairstow, Moeen double
> act is just class. The Jordan exhibition of deliveries that some of
> the more morbid of our type ;-) might call 'death bowling' was just
> even more class.

After 16 overs, England had 168/3, SA 171/5, yet after 16.5 overs, England had two more runs than SA finished with.

John Hall

Jul 31, 2022, 5:02:08 PM7/31/22
In message <b84db00d-adfb-4d40...@googlegroups.com>,
mike <dmik...@yahoo.co.uk> writes
And in today's match - which I unfortunately arrived back home from
holiday just in time to see - he showed that he's a terrific fielder
too.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

mike

Aug 1, 2022, 5:09:07 PM8/1/22
On Sunday, July 31, 2022 at 10:02:08 PM UTC+1, John Hall wrote:
> In message <b84db00d-adfb-4d40...@googlegroups.com>,
> mike <dmik...@yahoo.co.uk> writes
> >Well he hadnt batted before anyway. Even though its only
> >a T20 thrash, this Stubbs looks an exciting prospect. Reminded
> >me of SS at his peak, England didnt know how to bowl at him, and
> >until he got out, they were worried. Someone sign him up for
> >the 100 fast!
> And in today's match - which I unfortunately arrived back home from
> holiday just in time to see - he showed that he's a terrific fielder
> too.

I wonder if they will pick him for the tests? Everytime they say his name, it sounds
so posh I think theyve missed out the Sir!

RSA worthy winners in the t20 thrash, they have genuine quicks, spinners who spin,
and some great batters. ATM england are well below par in all 3. I think they said
Markram scored his 7th 50 in 21 games, Roy has 8 in 64. Livingston had a chance
to play a long innings but just threw it away like the rest. The bowlers were all
over the wkt, the batters poor judgement and execution. Morgan must be glad
he retired.

Meanwhile England have lost another quick, as joverton has some serious injuries,
which will probably see him miss the RSA series. Hopefully Woakes or Robinson
who took 9 wkts for Sussex in their last game, or someone else might be fit again
by then, otherwise it looks as if we will be depending on Jimmy Broad and Potty,
but if the drought continues they might be in for a hard time.

mike