Kohli Out

miked

Feb 10, 2024, 12:05:18 PMFeb 10
for the rest of the series, and Iyer dropped.

India squad for the next 3 tests. Rahul and Jadega will play subject to fitness tests. India have also
called up another pacer in Akash, presumably becos Shami is still not fit, but that makes 4 seamers
now in the squad.

Rohit Sharma (capt), Jasprit Bumrah, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill, KL Rahul (wk), Rajat Patidar, Sarfaraz
Khan, Dhruv Jurel (wk), KS Bharat (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Washington Sundar,
Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Mukesh Kumar, Akash Deep.

mike

jack fredricks

Feb 10, 2024, 6:39:34 PMFeb 10
On Sunday, February 11, 2024 at 3:05:18 AM UTC+10, miked wrote:
> for the rest of the series, and Iyer dropped.
>
> India have also
> called up another pacer in Akash, presumably becos Shami is still not fit, but that makes 4 seamers
> now in the squad.

There's also talk about them resting Bumrah. Thank bloody god, too.

John Hall

Feb 11, 2024, 3:07:01 AMFeb 11
In message <002dd242-246d-446f...@googlegroups.com>,
jack fredricks <jzfre...@gmail.com> writes
>On Sunday, February 11, 2024 at 3:05:180 >> for the rest of the series, and Iyer dropped.
>>
>> India have also
>> called up another pacer in Akash, presumably becos Shami is still not
>>fit, but that makes 4 seamers
>> now in the squad.
>
>There's also talk about them resting Bumrah. Thank bloody god, too.

Yes, that would be a real act of kindness on India's part. :)
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people

miked

Feb 11, 2024, 9:30:36 AMFeb 11
John Hall wrote:

> In message <002dd242-246d-446f...@googlegroups.com>,
> jack fredricks <jzfre...@gmail.com> writes
>>On Sunday, February 11, 2024 at 3:05:180 >> for the rest of the series, and Iyer dropped.
>>>
>>> India have also
>>> called up another pacer in Akash, presumably becos Shami is still not
>>>fit, but that makes 4 seamers
>>> now in the squad.
>>
>>There's also talk about them resting Bumrah. Thank bloody god, too.

> Yes, that would be a real act of kindness on India's part. :)

Rajkot hasnt had many tests but its been a road when they do play, i think
india made over 600 the last time, so it might be a good decision to
sit this 1 out. If the pitch is flat, and jadega is fit, we may see them
play all 4 spinners.

mike

miked

Feb 12, 2024, 1:10:22 PMFeb 12
Leach also out for the rest of the series, hes been pretty unlucky for
the last 2 years really. Rahul def still not fit enough replaced
by Devdutt they say.

mike

John Hall

Feb 12, 2024, 4:37:09 PMFeb 12
In message <6661d74179d99415...@www.novabbs.com>, miked
<dmik...@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>miked wrote:
>
>> John Hall wrote:
>
>>> In message <002dd242-246d-446f...@googlegroups.com>,
>>>jack fredricks <jzfre...@gmail.com> writes

>>> Yes, that would be a real act of kindness on India's part. :)
>
>> Rajkot hasnt had many tests but its been a road when they do play, i think
>> india made over 600 the last time, so it might be a good decision to
>> sit this 1 out. If the pitch is flat, and jadega is fit, we may see them
>> play all 4 spinners.
>

>Leach also out for the rest of the series, hes been pretty unlucky for
>the last 2 years really.

He has. It's weird that a bruised knee (as I think a haematoma is just a
fancy name for a bruise) should prove to be so serious. I feel very
sorry for him.

> Rahul def still not fit enough replaced
>by Devdutt they say.
>mike

With Kohli out for the series, Rahul is a big loss for India.

max.it

Feb 12, 2024, 5:06:00 PMFeb 12
I have a large haematoma on my liver. The hepatobiliary consultant
(who is called Mark Taylor) calls it 'just a birth mark'.

max.it

miked

Feb 13, 2024, 1:05:29 PMFeb 13
how did he see it? ultrasound?

>>> Rahul def still not fit enough replaced
>>>by Devdutt they say.
>>>mike
>>
>>With Kohli out for the series, Rahul is a big loss for India.

yes but they were without virat rahul and jadega in the last test and they
beat england by 100 runs, perhaps without Bumrah and iyer as well, theyll win
by an innings ;) however reports say the rajkot pitch looks green, so i would
expect bumrah to play.

mike

max.it

Feb 13, 2024, 2:12:03 PMFeb 13
On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 18:01:58 +0000, dmik...@yahoo.co.uk (miked)
wrote:
CT scan. I have chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic cysts so they scan
me frequently and discover new things.

max.it

Mad Hamish

Feb 14, 2024, 11:59:32 PMFeb 14
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 21:29:05 +0000, John Hall
<john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

a hemotoma is a pool of blood. I had one in my calf a couple of years
back where a couple of layers of muscle had separated and it took a
long while to heal
Generally it means there's damage to a larger blood vessel than a
bruise and you can also have clotting causing problems.

John Hall

Feb 15, 2024, 4:04:47 AMFeb 15
In message <c86rsi1bs5j7vc9pl...@4ax.com>, Mad Hamish
<newsunsp...@iinet.unspamme.net.au> writes
>On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 21:29:05 +0000, John Hall
><john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
<snip>
>>It's weird that a bruised knee (as I think a haematoma is just a
>>fancy name for a bruise) should prove to be so serious. I feel very
>>sorry for him.
>>
>a hemotoma is a pool of blood. I had one in my calf a couple of years
>back where a couple of layers of muscle had separated and it took a
>long while to heal
>Generally it means there's damage to a larger blood vessel than a
>bruise and you can also have clotting causing problems.

Thanks.