Long run up

max.it

Feb 1, 2024, 5:04:56 PMFeb 1

You've probably seen this before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUNLlDbpdOM

max.it

Tony The Welsh Twat

Feb 5, 2024, 12:06:09 PMFeb 5
Google Geoff Arnold.

Used to run about 75 metres and then bowl an innocuous medium pace delivery.

Even as a kid I used to turn the tv off when he was bowling.

John Hall

Feb 5, 2024, 1:27:04 PMFeb 5
In message <42fec2b4-1553-47a9...@googlegroups.com>,
Tony The Welsh Twat <tonythew...@gmail.com> writes
>On Thursday 1 February 2024 at 22:04:56 UTC, max.it wrote:
>> You've probably seen this before.
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUNLlDbpdOM
>>

>> max.it
>
>Google Geoff Arnold.
>
>Used to run about 75 metres and then bowl an innocuous medium pace delivery.

Fast-medium would probably be a fairer description, at least when he was
in his prime. And a Test average of 28.29 for his 115 wickets suggests
he was hardly innocuous. He was a similar type of bowler to James
Anderson, though admittedly not quite as good.

>Even as a kid I used to turn the tv off when he was bowling.

We all have our favourites and our betes noir.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people