Ireland in Bristol

max.it

Aug 1, 2022, 7:44:29 PM8/1/22

For NZ in Ireland.
The crowds at Malahide were great, plenty of support for Ireland and
NZ. Full ground lots of activity around the match (usual stuff)
The crowds at Stormont were absolute shite at best and it would be a
gross exageration to call the feeble turn out at Stormont a crowd of
any kind.

I know many people who will never support Ireland at rugby or cricket
just because it's Ireland. These people play for or are active in
clubs that (attempt) to create cricketers and rugby players who might
go on to play for Ireland.They were cheering for France to beat
England so Ireland would lose the 6 nations.

The last English colony is the Ulster loyalist reservation called
Northern Ireland and it's legacy shines brightly on even a cricket
match.

max.it

Mike Holmans

Aug 1, 2022, 8:16:27 PM8/1/22
On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 00:44:25 +0100, max.it <m...@tea.time> wrote:

>I know many people who will never support Ireland at rugby or cricket
>just because it's Ireland. These people play for or are active in
>clubs that (attempt) to create cricketers and rugby players who might
>go on to play for Ireland.

No I'm not. But then I will support Ireland if they're playing
Australia.

Cheers,

Mike

Robert Henderson

Aug 2, 2022, 2:53:12 AM8/2/22
On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 12:44:29 AM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> For NZ in Ireland.
> The crowds at Malahide were great, plenty of support for Ireland and
> NZ. Full ground lots of activity around the match (usual stuff)
> The crowds at Stormont were absolute shite at best and it would be a
> gross exageration to call the feeble turn out at Stormont a crowd of
> any kind.
>
> I know many people who will never support Ireland at rugby or cricket
> just because it's Ireland. These people play for or are active in
> clubs that (attempt) to create cricketers and rugby players who might
> go on to play for Ireland.They were cheering for France to beat
> England so Ireland would lose the 6 nations.
>
> The last English colony is the Ulster loyalist reservation called
> Northern Ireland and it's legacy shines brightly on even a cricket
> match.
>
> max.it

Lazarus shows the colour of his politics... RH

max.it

Aug 2, 2022, 9:03:21 AM8/2/22
On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 01:15:42 +0100, Mike Holmans <sp...@jackalope.uk>
wrote:
Support anyone playing against Australia goes without saying.

You wouldn't support a team playing against your chosen team (these
feral loyalists consider themselves as basically English) just because
you want the team representing your country to lose?

Robert Henderson

Aug 2, 2022, 9:11:45 AM8/2/22
On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 2:03:21 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 01:15:42 +0100, Mike Holmans <sp...@jackalope.uk>
> wrote:
> >On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 00:44:25 +0100, max.it <m...@tea.time> wrote:
> >
> >>I know many people who will never support Ireland at rugby or cricket
> >>just because it's Ireland. These people play for or are active in
> >>clubs that (attempt) to create cricketers and rugby players who might
> >>go on to play for Ireland.
> >
> >No I'm not. But then I will support Ireland if they're playing
> >Australia.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Mike
> Support anyone playing against Australia goes without saying.
>
> You wouldn't support a team playing against your chosen team (these
> feral loyalists consider themselves as basically English) just because
> you want the team representing your country to lose?
> max.it

Lazarus let's curtain rise even higher to expose his politics... RH

Mike Holmans

Aug 2, 2022, 9:27:54 AM8/2/22
On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 14:03:16 +0100, max.it <m...@tea.time> wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 01:15:42 +0100, Mike Holmans <sp...@jackalope.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 00:44:25 +0100, max.it <m...@tea.time> wrote:
>>
>>>I know many people who will never support Ireland at rugby or cricket
>>>just because it's Ireland. These people play for or are active in
>>>clubs that (attempt) to create cricketers and rugby players who might
>>>go on to play for Ireland.
>>
>>No I'm not. But then I will support Ireland if they're playing
>>Australia.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Mike
>
>Support anyone playing against Australia goes without saying.
>
>You wouldn't support a team playing against your chosen team (these
>feral loyalists consider themselves as basically English) just because
>you want the team representing your country to lose?

No, I'm not the village idiot gleefully rubbing my hands when England
lose.

Cheers,

Mike

max.it

Aug 2, 2022, 4:14:13 PM8/2/22
On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 14:27:09 +0100, Mike Holmans <sp...@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 14:03:16 +0100, max.it <m...@tea.time> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 01:15:42 +0100, Mike Holmans <sp...@jackalope.uk>
>>wrote:

>>>No I'm not. But then I will support Ireland if they're playing
>>>Australia.
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>
>>>Mike
>>
>>Support anyone playing against Australia goes without saying.
>>
>>You wouldn't support a team playing against your chosen team (these
>>feral loyalists consider themselves as basically English) just because
>>you want the team representing your country to lose?
>
>No, I'm not the village idiot gleefully rubbing my hands when England
>lose.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

Jonah Henderson, the village idiot?
He's quite fond of biblical names as I remember.

Robert Henderson

Aug 3, 2022, 7:07:12 AM8/3/22
Lazarus hum " The wearing of the green"

RH

mike

Aug 7, 2022, 6:32:55 PM8/7/22
On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 2:03:21 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 01:15:42 +0100, Mike Holmans <sp...@jackalope.uk>
> wrote:
> >On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 00:44:25 +0100, max.it <m...@tea.time> wrote:
> >
> >>I know many people who will never support Ireland at rugby or cricket
> >>just because it's Ireland. These people play for or are active in
> >>clubs that (attempt) to create cricketers and rugby players who might
> >>go on to play for Ireland.
> >
> >No I'm not. But then I will support Ireland if they're playing
> >Australia.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Mike
> Support anyone playing against Australia goes without saying.

I found myself doing that during the CMG at Brum, but everytime
Oz won. The only time i think they lost a final was in the womens
hockey. I didnt watch that match ;)

mike