DRS - Real Time Snicko is curated

jack fredricks

Jan 28, 2024, 5:06:17 AMJan 28
Twice today I've seen RTS snicko sound graphs that have been curated. They mute/delete the sound wave for when the ball pitches (hits the ground).

The issue with this is in both these appeals today the potential edge was very close, in time, to the ball pitching.

It happened when Smith batting, and it's just happened with Hartley bowling to Ashwin.

Whilst these close calls should/would result in Not Out (3rd ump would probably conclude the noise was generated by ball pitching), it's strange to see no sound blip when we know there is one. I'd rather the transparency.

miked

Jan 28, 2024, 5:45:30 AMJan 28
i dunno if its the same thing, but i think there was a spike on snicko before the ball reached
roots bat in the 1st innings.

mike