Happy New Year

Dave

Jan 2, 2017, 1:34:03 PM1/2/17
Wishing everyone a better 2017 than 2016, although I acknowledge that
the bar may have been set rather low.

Dave

Mark Carroll

Jan 2, 2017, 1:47:33 PM1/2/17
On 02 Jan 2017, Dave wrote:

> Wishing everyone a better 2017 than 2016, although I acknowledge that
> the bar may have been set rather low.

The bar has been set low, but the stage has now been set for worse,
so let's hope for a 2017 that is at least no worse than 2016!

-- Mark

Gordon H

Jan 15, 2017, 10:32:19 AM1/15/17
Happy New Year guys, I'm still alive, I'm sure everything will befine in
2027 and Trump will make everything BIGLY GREAT .

--
Gordon H

Remove Invalid to reply

Andrew Marshall

Jan 15, 2017, 11:31:33 AM1/15/17
In message <o5g4j0$882$1...@dont-email.me>, Gordon H
<Gor...@g3snx.demon.co.invalid> writes
>On 02/01/2017 18:47, Mark Carroll wrote:
>> On 02 Jan 2017, Dave wrote:
>>> Wishing everyone a better 2017 than 2016, although I acknowledge that
>>> the bar may have been set rather low.

>> The bar has been set low, but the stage has now been set for worse,
>> so let's hope for a 2017 that is at least no worse than 2016!

>Happy New Year guys, I'm still alive, I'm sure everything will befine
>in 2027 and Trump will make everything BIGLY GREAT .

Happy New Year from me too, to all who still read this froup. As for
President Sneg, we'll just have to see how things pan out...
--
Regards,
Andrew Marshall, G8BUR, M0MAA.

Stuart O. Bronstein

Jan 16, 2017, 3:21:25 AM1/16/17
Gordon H <Gor...@g3snx.demon.co.invalid> wrote:
> Mark Carroll wrote:
>> Dave wrote:
>>
>>> Wishing everyone a better 2017 than 2016, although I acknowledge
>>> that the bar may have been set rather low.
>>
>> The bar has been set low, but the stage has now been set for
>> worse, so let's hope for a 2017 that is at least no worse than
>> 2016!
>>
> Happy New Year guys, I'm still alive, I'm sure everything will
> befine in 2027 and Trump will make everything BIGLY GREAT .

I still check in here from time to time. Lots of people have migrated
to Facebook, but it's not the same.

I'm glad to see that you're still doing well, Gordon. I wish a great
new year for you and your family.

--
Stu
http://DownToEarthLawyer.com

Michèle

Jan 18, 2017, 12:33:12 AM1/18/17
Dave a couché sur son écran :
> Wishing everyone a better 2017 than 2016, although I acknowledge that
> the bar may have been set rather low.
>
> Dave

Happy New Year !

Gordon H

Jan 26, 2017, 10:31:38 AM1/26/17
Passed on... I'm proud to say that Christine joined the Oakland protest
against the unmentionable.

Stuart O. Bronstein

Jan 27, 2017, 11:02:21 AM1/27/17
Gordon H <Gor...@g3snx.demon.co.invalid> wrote:

> Passed on... I'm proud to say that Christine joined the Oakland
> protest against the unmentionable.

Thanks, Gordon. As a result I am now facebook friends with both your
daughters. It's not the same, but will have to do until you get your
social media act together. :-)

--
Stu
http://DownToEarthLawyer.com

Gordon H

Jan 28, 2017, 10:48:02 AM1/28/17
On 27/01/2017 16:02, Stuart O. Bronstein wrote:
> Gordon H <Gor...@g3snx.demon.co.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Passed on... I'm proud to say that Christine joined the Oakland
>> protest against the unmentionable.
>
> Thanks, Gordon. As a result I am now facebook friends with both your
> daughters. It's not the same, but will have to do until you get your
> social media act together. :-)

You don't fool me, you, you....womaniser.
;-)

mous...@googlemail.com

Jun 30, 2017, 4:52:59 AM6/30/17
NO !!! This is never snugglers still in operation after all these years....

mousy

nev young

Jun 30, 2017, 5:32:23 AM6/30/17
On 30/06/17 09:52, mous...@googlemail.com wrote:

> NO !!! This is never snugglers still in operation after all these years....

Oh yes it is !

--
nev
getting the wrong stick end since 1953

Nick Leverton

Jun 30, 2017, 6:16:03 AM6/30/17
In article <oj55k4$umh$1...@dont-email.me>,
nev young <newsforpa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>On 30/06/17 09:52, mous...@googlemail.com wrote:
>>
>> NO !!! This is never snugglers still in operation after all these years....
>>
>Oh yes it is !

Ain't nobody here but us complicated electronic devices ...

Nick

mousytrap

Jun 30, 2017, 7:26:26 AM6/30/17
On Friday, 30 June 2017 11:16:03 UTC+1, Nick Leverton wrote:
> In article <oj55k4$umh$1...@dont-email.me>,
> nev young <newsforpa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >On 30/06/17 09:52, mous...@googlemail.com wrote:
> >>
> >> NO !!! This is never snugglers still in operation after all these years....
> >>
> >Oh yes it is !
>
> Ain't nobody here but us complicated electronic devices ...
>
> Nick

Sounds just like a normal day in the Mousy Mansion then...

mousy, surrounded by autistics...

Paul

Jun 30, 2017, 8:00:04 AM6/30/17
In article <oj55k4$umh$1...@dont-email.me>, newsforpa...@yahoo.co.uk
says...

> On 30/06/17 09:52, mous...@googlemail.com wrote:
> >
> > NO !!! This is never snugglers still in operation after all these years....
> >
> Oh yes it is !

Oh no it isn't !!!

(Behind you is another figment of a simulated imagination)

--
Paul Carpenter | pa...@pcserviceselectronics.co.uk
<http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/> PC Services

Nick Leverton

Jun 30, 2017, 8:07:03 AM6/30/17
In article <MPG.33c046f4c...@172.16.0.1>,
Paul <pa...@pcserviceselectronics.co.uk> wrote:
>In article <oj55k4$umh$1...@dont-email.me>, newsforpa...@yahoo.co.uk
>says...
>>
>> On 30/06/17 09:52, mous...@googlemail.com wrote:
>> >
>> > NO !!! This is never snugglers still in operation after all these years....
>> >
>> Oh yes it is !
>
>Oh no it isn't !!!
>

>(Behind you is another figment of a simulated imagination)

oooh err.... ah sorry, thought you said 'stimulated' ...

Andrew Marshall

Jun 30, 2017, 9:46:02 AM6/30/17
In message <e0d373d8-07d2-4780...@googlegroups.com>,
mous...@googlemail.com writes
>On Monday, 2 January 2017 18:34:03 UTC, Dave wrote:
>> Wishing everyone a better 2017 than 2016, although I acknowledge that
>> the bar may have been set rather low.

>NO !!! This is never snugglers still in operation after all these years....

'Fraid it is - I'm still here, after (counts) 21 years come next month -
good grief! Tempus fugit.

Mark Carroll

Jun 30, 2017, 10:34:55 AM6/30/17
Me too. Not sure for how long though since the article search from
DejaNews, etc. became the veritable horror that is Google Groups. I seem
to have been posting here on 1st March 1995 about the coming CamBoink.

Various computer-related things make me feel old these days. When they
started here our sysadmin at work hadn't even heard of "finger" for
fingering people.

-- Mark

Nick Leverton

Jun 30, 2017, 11:22:03 AM6/30/17
In article <8737ahs...@ixod.org>, Mark Carroll <mt...@ixod.org> wrote:

>Various computer-related things make me feel old these days. When they
>started here our sysadmin at work hadn't even heard of "finger" for
>fingering people.

I trust you showed them how to do it ...

Paul

Jun 30, 2017, 2:30:03 PM6/30/17
In article <oj5esb$pbu$1...@leverton.org>, ni...@leverton.org says...

> In article <MPG.33c046f4c...@172.16.0.1>,
> Paul <pa...@pcserviceselectronics.co.uk> wrote:
> >In article <oj55k4$umh$1...@dont-email.me>, newsforpa...@yahoo.co.uk
> >says...

> >> Oh yes it is !
> >
> >Oh no it isn't !!!
> >

> >(Behind you is another figment of a simulated imagination)
>
> oooh err.... ah sorry, thought you said 'stimulated' ...

Normally I am accused of being the smutty one !!!

Paul

Jun 30, 2017, 2:30:03 PM6/30/17
In article <8737ahs...@ixod.org>, mt...@ixod.org says...
Even more supposed programmers don't understand when you say 'touch' as
well

Stuart O. Bronstein

Jun 30, 2017, 10:26:52 PM6/30/17
Mark Carroll <mt...@ixod.org> wrote:
> Andrew Marshall wrote:
>> mous...@googlemail.com writes
>>
>>>NO !!! This is never snugglers still in operation after all
>>>these years....
>>
>> 'Fraid it is - I'm still here, after (counts) 21 years come next
>> month - good grief! Tempus fugit.
>
> Me too. Not sure for how long though since the article search from
> DejaNews, etc. became the veritable horror that is Google Groups.
> I seem to have been posting here on 1st March 1995 about the
> coming CamBoink.

I've been around for about the same time. It's sad that it's
practically gone.

--
Stu
http://DownToEarthLawyer.com

nev young

Jul 1, 2017, 4:17:36 AM7/1/17
AIUI the passage of time is a constant 60 minutes per hour.

Paul

Jul 1, 2017, 5:30:03 AM7/1/17
In article <ja5dlcpbct9dr16ho...@4ax.com>, E-0C001302-
639...@cleopatra.co.uk says...

> In uk.singles, (Nick Leverton) wrote in <oj5qad$3to$1...@leverton.org>::
>
> >In article <8737ahs...@ixod.org>, Mark Carroll <mt...@ixod.org> wrote:
> >>
> >>Various computer-related things make me feel old these days. When they
> >>started here our sysadmin at work hadn't even heard of "finger" for
> >>fingering people.
> >
> >I trust you showed them how to do it ...
> >
> >Nick
>
> *snrch*
>
> Good ol' Nick. Can't see a tone without lowering it.

If by 'lowering' you mean destroying it with a nuclear device from orbit

Stuart O. Bronstein

Jul 1, 2017, 9:53:41 AM7/1/17
nev young <newsforpa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> AIUI the passage of time is a constant 60 minutes per hour.

Only if you maintain the same elevation and same speed.

--
Stu
http://DownToEarthLawyer.com

mous...@googlemail.com

Jul 1, 2017, 3:48:12 PM7/1/17
I've just been through some of the old posts and noted some of the former members we've sadly lost.

How the H did we lose Toby though? He was only a young fella...

Stuart O. Bronstein

Jul 2, 2017, 2:09:13 AM7/2/17
He was, and that was some time ago. He has a serious condition - I
think it was diabetes. When I spent time with him he was so cheerful
in spite of his challenges. That was a sad day when we lost him.

--
Stu
http://DownToEarthLawyer.com

Paul

Jul 2, 2017, 9:30:04 AM7/2/17
In article <XnsA7A5EB8604789...@130.133.4.11>,
spam...@lexregia.com says...
And some of us remeber the Auchenboink and the 'blind drunk'

At one time later from his obituary I saw he even became a local
councillor in Brampton area (near Huntingdon)

Dave

Aug 1, 2017, 12:34:04 AM8/1/17
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 15:34:54 +0100
Mark Carroll <mt...@ixod.org> wrote:

> On 30 Jun 2017, Andrew Marshall wrote:
>
> > In message <e0d373d8-07d2-4780...@googlegroups.com>,
> > mous...@googlemail.com writes
> >
> >>NO !!! This is never snugglers still in operation after all these
> >>years....
> >
> > 'Fraid it is - I'm still here, after (counts) 21 years come next
> > month - good grief! Tempus fugit.
>
> Me too. Not sure for how long though since the article search from
> DejaNews, etc. became the veritable horror that is Google Groups. I
> seem to have been posting here on 1st March 1995 about the coming
> CamBoink.

It was that Camboink that resulted in me moving to Cambridge. In 1996
my job was clearly coming to an end and what was left was likely to be
relocated to Basingstoke. I told my boss that if I had to relocate then
I could think of much better places to go than Basingstoke and then had
a think about places I'd been that I liked. Cambridge was one of them,
I emailed someone I knew and a week later I had a job offer there.

Dave

Dave

Aug 1, 2017, 12:34:04 AM8/1/17
On Sun, 2 Jul 2017 14:06:18 +0100
Paul <pa...@pcserviceselectronics.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <XnsA7A5EB8604789...@130.133.4.11>,
> spam...@lexregia.com says...
> >
> > mous...@googlemail.com wrote:
> >
> > > I've just been through some of the old posts and noted some of the
> > > former members we've sadly lost.
> > >
> > > How the H did we lose Toby though? He was only a young fella...
> >
> > He was, and that was some time ago. He has a serious condition - I
> > think it was diabetes. When I spent time with him he was so
> > cheerful in spite of his challenges. That was a sad day when we
> > lost him.
>
> And some of us remeber the Auchenboink and the 'blind drunk'
>
> At one time later from his obituary I saw he even became a local
> councillor in Brampton area (near Huntingdon)

Clearly I need to check in here more often. Yes, Toby was a member of
his local council at the time he died. I think he had kidney problems.

Dave

Andrew Marshall

Aug 1, 2017, 3:48:01 AM8/1/17
In message <20170731211820.3f5b767c.noone$$@llondel.org>, Dave
<noone$$@llondel.org> writes
>Clearly I need to check in here more often. Yes, Toby was a member of
>his local council at the time he died.

> I think he had kidney problems.

Yes; IIRC he did.

Gordon H

Aug 2, 2017, 5:42:18 AM8/2/17
On 01/08/2017 08:47, Andrew Marshall wrote:
> In message <20170731211820.3f5b767c.noone$$@llondel.org>, Dave
> <noone$$@llondel.org> writes
>> Clearly I need to check in here more often. Yes, Toby was a member of
>> his local council at the time he died.
>
>> I think he had kidney problems.
>
> Yes; IIRC he did.

I only met Toby at Manboink, and he had a nut allergy I believe.
The waitress at Yang Sing went to great trouble to extract the nuts from
one of the banquet dishes, and I remember Simon "talking him round" the
Museum of Science & Industry so that he didn't miss anything.
Toby's bright personality made light of his disability and drew
affection from his companions.

Paul

Aug 3, 2017, 1:30:03 PM8/3/17
In article <ols6i2$94f$1...@dont-email.me>, Gor...@g3snx.demon.co.invalid
says...
I rememberhim at Auchenboink and being the 'blind drunk'...

Mark Carroll

Aug 6, 2017, 11:24:49 AM8/6/17
On 31 Jul 2017, Dave wrote:

> It was that Camboink that resulted in me moving to Cambridge. In 1996
> my job was clearly coming to an end and what was left was likely to be
> relocated to Basingstoke. I told my boss that if I had to relocate then
> I could think of much better places to go than Basingstoke and then had
> a think about places I'd been that I liked. Cambridge was one of them,
> I emailed someone I knew and a week later I had a job offer there.

Ha, sounds great, glad that one worked out. Cambridge does have some
nice features. Of course I moved /from/ Cambridge in 1996 ... then back,
then away again. It's nice when job stuff works out though. Now I'm
living in Tayside there aren't as many tech jobs nearby, of course I am
also older, so I'm much hoping my current software job in Dundee remains
viable at least while my children are still attending high school in
Perth.

-- Mark