Re: Merry Christmas !

Message has been deleted

Mark Carroll

Dec 25, 2014, 5:17:22 PM12/25/14
Michele <bondmy...@yahoo.fr> writes:

> Merry Christmas !

Merry Christmas, indeed! Ours seems to have gone well.

-- Mark

Gordon H

Dec 27, 2014, 8:58:12 AM12/27/14
On 25/12/2014 18:49, Michele wrote:
> Merry Christmas !

Merry Christmas to you too, Michele, and a happy 2015.

I just arrived back from a couple of days at my daughter & son-in-law's
place.

--
Gordon H

Remove Invalid to reply
Message has been deleted

Andrew Marshall

Dec 27, 2014, 11:47:56 AM12/27/14
In message <m7mdss$n2e$2...@dont-email.me>, Gordon H
<Gor...@g3snx.demon.co.invalid> writes
>On 25/12/2014 18:49, Michele wrote:
>> Merry Christmas !
>Merry Christmas to you too, Michele, and a happy 2015.

>I just arrived back from a couple of days at my daughter & son-in-law's
>place.

I've just got back from NE Gloucestershire, where we were staying with
my sister and BiL. We had an excellent three days' stay, and were very
well fed and watered too.

I can recommend North Cotswold Brewery 'Winter Solstice', an excellent
4.5% dark winter ale, to those whose tastes lie in that direction. The
village pub which serves it was a mere 100 yards from their front door.
--
Regards,
Andrew Marshall, G8BUR, M0MAA.

Stuart A. Bronstein

Dec 27, 2014, 10:55:03 PM12/27/14
Andrew Marshall <g8...@g8bur.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Gordon H <Gor...@g3snx.demon.co.invalid> writes
>>On 25/12/2014 18:49, Michele wrote:

>>> Merry Christmas !

>>Merry Christmas to you too, Michele, and a happy 2015.
>
>>I just arrived back from a couple of days at my daughter &
>>son-in-law's place.
>
> I've just got back from NE Gloucestershire, where we were
> staying with my sister and BiL. We had an excellent three days'
> stay, and were very well fed and watered too.
>
> I can recommend North Cotswold Brewery 'Winter Solstice', an
> excellent 4.5% dark winter ale, to those whose tastes lie in
> that direction. The village pub which serves it was a mere 100
> yards from their front door.

The closest I got to traveling was watching a tv cop drama based in
Manchester.

--
Stu
http://DownToEarthLawyer.com

Gordon H

Dec 28, 2014, 5:42:14 AM12/28/14
100 Yards?
That's staggeringly close Andrew.

Gordon H

Dec 28, 2014, 5:48:34 AM12/28/14
Many years ago I was driving out to go walking in the York Dales with a
companion, and we stopped behind a couple of other cars at a traffic
signal in central Manchester.
As we waited, a car on the transverse road was boxed in and stopped by a
cop car. Armed police got out and dragged the driver out of his car and
pinned him down on the grass verge.

I was looking for a way to move my car out of the line of fire when the
'cops' and their quarry started laughing and slapping each others' backs.
It was obviously a drama scene, but it got our adrenalin pumping.
Message has been deleted

Gordon H

Dec 28, 2014, 7:20:15 AM12/28/14
On 28/12/2014 11:23, Michele wrote:
> Gordon H
>> It was obviously a drama scene, but it got our adrenalin pumping.
>
> Mind your heart ! -;))

It's fine Michele, I'm only just "turned 18".

= 81 :-)
Message has been deleted

Andrew Marshall

Dec 28, 2014, 8:26:18 AM12/28/14
In message <m7ompe$v2h$2...@dont-email.me>, Gordon H
<Gor...@g3snx.demon.co.invalid> writes
A stagger which I'd be very happy with after a session on that brew,
though. I only wish that it (or a similar style of beer of at least that
quality) were available at my local. Unfortunately, around here it's
typically a choice of lager or bitter.
--
73,
Andrew Marshall, G8BUR, M0MAA.

Mark Carroll

Dec 28, 2014, 9:43:46 AM12/28/14
"Stuart A. Bronstein" <spam...@lexregia.com> writes:

> The closest I got to traveling was watching a tv cop drama based in
> Manchester.

We might be travelling to a City Link distribution centre tomorrow to
see if we can get a package that was destined for us.

Hmmm ... you remind me, I did like Life on Mars, it's a while since I
watched that show. I still have family in places like Droylsden.

-- Mark

Gordon H

Dec 28, 2014, 11:11:14 AM12/28/14
On 28/12/2014 12:59, Michele wrote:
> Gordon H <
>>>
>> It's fine Michele, I'm only just "turned 18".
>>
>> = 81 :-)
>
> Only 81 ?-;))

Yep, and still dancing 3 to 5 days a week.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Stuart A. Bronstein

Dec 28, 2014, 1:16:01 PM12/28/14
Mark Carroll <mt...@ixod.org> wrote:

> Hmmm ... you remind me, I did like Life on Mars, it's a while
> since I watched that show. I still have family in places like
> Droylsden.

I'm not familiar with that one - I'll have to give it a try. There
are only 18 episodes available here - is that all there are?

--
Stu
http://DownToEarthLawyer.com

Stuart A. Bronstein

Dec 28, 2014, 1:17:15 PM12/28/14
Marc Wilson <E-0C0013...@cleopatra.co.uk> wrote:

>>The closest I got to traveling was watching a tv cop drama based
>>in Manchester.
>
> Ooh, which one?

Scott & Bailey. How many more are there?

--
Stu
http://DownToEarthLawyer.com

Mark Carroll

Dec 28, 2014, 5:56:09 PM12/28/14
"Stuart A. Bronstein" <spam...@lexregia.com> writes:

> Mark Carroll <mt...@ixod.org> wrote:
>
>> Hmmm ... you remind me, I did like Life on Mars, it's a while
>> since I watched that show. I still have family in places like
>> Droylsden.
>
> I'm not familiar with that one - I'll have to give it a try. There
> are only 18 episodes available here - is that all there are?

Maybe that's the American remake? I don't think that the original BBC
one, the one I'd recommend, even has quite that many; perhaps I'm
mistaken. (I quite like shows that I don't have to watch oodles of.) I'm
curious about its Russian adaptation Обратная сторона Луны, once I find
one with English subtitles; I don't know if that's any good.

Mind you, one of the Christmas gifts I received was Prisoners of War,
which I also liked (but is rather less fun!) and that has as many as 24
episodes! (I think it's available for free online for Hebrew-speakers
but, again, I need the English subtitles.)

-- Mark

nev young

Dec 29, 2014, 12:30:39 AM12/29/14
On 28/12/14 18:15, Stuart A. Bronstein wrote:
> Mark Carroll <mt...@ixod.org> wrote:
>
>> Hmmm ... you remind me, I did like Life on Mars, it's a while
>> since I watched that show. I still have family in places like
>> Droylsden.
>
> I'm not familiar with that one - I'll have to give it a try. There
> are only 18 episodes available here - is that all there are?

Hi Stu, 2 series of 8 episodes. Esipode guide at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Life_on_Mars_(UK_TV_series)_episodes

or via tinyurl
http://tinyurl.com/pswx52a

--
nev
getting the wrong stick end since 1953

Stuart A. Bronstein

Dec 29, 2014, 3:36:03 PM12/29/14
Marc Wilson <E-0C0013...@cleopatra.co.uk> wrote:
> (Stuart A. Bronstein) wrote :
>>Mark Carroll <mt...@ixod.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmm ... you remind me, I did like Life on Mars, it's a while
>>> since I watched that show. I still have family in places like
>>> Droylsden.
>>
>>I'm not familiar with that one - I'll have to give it a try.
>>There are only 18 episodes available here - is that all there
>>are?
>
> Two series of eight episodes each in the UK.

Thanks to you and Nev for the information.

--
Stu
http://DownToEarthLawyer.com

Stuart A. Bronstein

Dec 29, 2014, 3:43:07 PM12/29/14
Marc Wilson <E-0C0013...@cleopatra.co.uk> wrote:
> (Stuart A. Bronstein) wrote:
>>Marc Wilson <E-0C0013...@cleopatra.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Ooh, which one?
>>
>>Scott & Bailey.
>
> I didn't realise that was available over there- how are you
> getting it? I ask because I have friends who might be
> interested.
>
>> How many more are there?
>
> Dunno. Life on Mars, Blue Murder, Cracker, Cold Blood,
> Conviction (arguably) - if you're including crime dramas in
> general, quite a few more.

Hulu has a lot of Brit, as well as other international tv shows,
though I believe they can only be seen from USA IP addresses. Go to
http://www.hulu.com/tv/genres/international and scroll down to
British.

Hulu offers many shows for free, but some require a subscription
(about £5/month).

--
Stu
http://DownToEarthLawyer.com
Message has been deleted

Stuart A. Bronstein

Dec 29, 2014, 10:53:14 PM12/29/14
Marc Wilson <E-0C0013...@cleopatra.co.uk> wrote:
> (Stuart A. Bronstein) wrote in

>>Hulu has a lot of Brit, as well as other international tv shows,
>>though I believe they can only be seen from USA IP addresses.
>>Go to http://www.hulu.com/tv/genres/international and scroll
>>down to British.
>
> A US IP address is relatively trivial; a US address to sign up
> with is trickier :)

Oh, you mean a billing address for a paid account? I'm sure we could
work something out.