First proper windstorm for the Eng Channel this winter ?

N_Cook

Dec 3, 2021, 6:50:37 AM12/3/21
07 to 08 Dec. GFS wind windstress widgets to a surge in the Isle of
Wight area of about 1.4m on a spring tide overnight 07-08 Dec.

--
Global sea level rise to 2100 from curve-fitted existing altimetry data
<http://diverse.4mg.com/slr.htm>

N_Cook

Dec 5, 2021, 4:56:59 AM12/5/21
On 03/12/2021 11:50, N_Cook wrote:
> 07 to 08 Dec. GFS wind windstress widgets to a surge in the Isle of
> Wight area of about 1.4m on a spring tide overnight 07-08 Dec.

Latest cut-down MetO Euro4 and GFS are giving maimum sustained/average
wind of 80mph very close to the UK 07 Dec, I don't remember seeing that
except with hurricanes well out over the Atlantic