NOAA August 2021. +0.9C. 6th warmest August on record.

Paul from Dawlish

Sep 18, 2021, 9:42:31 AM9/18/21
'The August 2021 global surface temperature was 0.90°C (1.62°F) above the 20th century average of 15.6°C (60.1°F). This was the sixth warmest August on record. Nine of the 10 warmest Augusts have occurred since 2009.'

This was despite a long and deep La Nina, which should be depressing global temperatures significantly by now. In actual fact, it probably is.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/202108

Spike

Sep 19, 2021, 6:58:31 AM9/19/21
On 18/09/2021 13:42, Paul from Dawlish wrote:

> 'The August 2021 global surface temperature was 0.90°C (1.62°F) above the 20th century average of 15.6°C (60.1°F).

You're wrong. The 'global surface temperature' as shown by the map was
all over the shop, obviously including areas that were coloured blue
(and therefore colder). You seem not to understand what is meant by the
term 'average' (which you should have learned in primary school).

But it does mean that 'global warming' isn't global and at least in
parts isn't warming.

Note that the last three interglacials were 2.5 degC warmer than this one.

--
Spike

Paul from Dawlish

Sep 19, 2021, 11:10:43 AM9/19/21
Hilarious. Every part of the world has to be warmer every month for the world to be warming. That really is truly hilarious. The deniers have to deny, but to say this! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Spike

Sep 19, 2021, 11:48:12 AM9/19/21
On 19/09/2021 15:10, Paul from Dawlish wrote:
> On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 11:58:31 AM UTC+1, Spike wrote:
>> On 18/09/2021 13:42, Paul from Dawlish wrote:

>>> 'The August 2021 global surface temperature was 0.90°C (1.62°F) above the 20th century average of 15.6°C (60.1°F).

>> You're wrong. The 'global surface temperature' as shown by the map was
>> all over the shop, obviously including areas that were coloured blue
>> (and therefore colder). You seem not to understand what is meant by the
>> term 'average' (which you should have learned in primary school).

>> But it does mean that 'global warming' isn't global and at least in
>> parts isn't warming.

>> Note that the last three interglacials were 2.5 degC warmer than this one.

>>> https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/202108

> Hilarious. Every part of the world has to be warmer every month for the world to be warming. That really is truly hilarious. The deniers have to deny, but to say this! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's *exactly* the same argument that the believers use to 'prove' the
LIA wasn't global.

You aren't even aware of the marketing hype.

Note that all the emojis in the above posting are yours.

--
Spike

Paul from Dawlish

Sep 19, 2021, 11:55:19 AM9/19/21
Yes; they are all laughing at you. As is everyone in science too. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Spike

Sep 19, 2021, 12:18:58 PM9/19/21
Whatever has science got to do with the global warming? It's a marketing
exercise!

--
Spike

Paul from Dawlish

Sep 19, 2021, 1:55:59 PM9/19/21
And follows it up with 'It's all a great big conspiracy!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh stop it, my sides are hurting.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Spike

Sep 20, 2021, 3:44:50 AM9/20/21
Crikey! You never smelled a rat when "The science is settled" was
proclaimed?

What do you think the last 20 years have been about?

'Wireless' was declared a finished art in 1904(ish) - how did that go?

--
Spike

Paul from Dawlish

Sep 20, 2021, 3:17:50 PM9/20/21

Oh wonderful, now he tries a complete non-sequitur. This is such fun!

Spike

Sep 21, 2021, 3:42:00 AM9/21/21
Could someone tell Our Paul what is meant by the term 'non-sequitur'?

After all, he uses it so often but doesn't seem to know what it means!

--
Spike

Paul from Dawlish

Sep 21, 2021, 9:33:19 AM9/21/21
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Oh perfect. These deniers are there just to be laughed at. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Spike

Sep 22, 2021, 3:54:05 AM9/22/21
I think I see the issue here - you're a parrot self-identifying as a
bed-wetting human...

--
Spike

Paul from Dawlish

Sep 22, 2021, 10:58:06 AM9/22/21
Now just insults. Getting laughed is all you are going to get for comments such as yours. Now go on; tell me it's all about sunspots, or the planets, or...

No leave it with the 'It's all a great big conspiracy'. That's by far the best one. I'm loving this. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Spike

Sep 23, 2021, 3:26:12 AM9/23/21
> Now just insults.

And this from the one who threw 'denier' into his first reply...and has
used 42 emojis so far...

> Getting laughed is all you are going to get for comments such as yours. Now go on; tell me it's all about sunspots, or the planets, or...

> No leave it with the 'It's all a great big conspiracy'. That's by far the best one. I'm loving this. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tell that to the IPCC member, who said circa 2010 that this wasn't about
environmental policy but about transfer of wealth. The $100bn being
mentioned should give you a clue...hopefully...

--
Spike