How to convert solar image from telescope into spherical coordinates to calculate energy generated by the 3D sphere

a a

Oct 4, 2022, 1:51:41 PM10/4/22

Looking for JavaScript tool to work for HTML5 on smartphone in web browser
to get 2D flat image from a telescope live processed into 3D spherical image
to generate heat maps and calcculate total energy emitted indexes

What data structure is fit to save spherical imaging ?

In theory, I can process 2D flat image saved into data array and filter out pixels representing image of the Sun (solar disc) for postprocessing
and for any given pixel (x,y), I need to calculate its distance from the center of the solar disc and multiply its grey or RGB value by
a reversed factor, reducing the area of a circle on the surface of a sphere when projected onto a 2D flat surface.

Ok, in theory and practice I can wait hours to have sunspots or sunspot groups detected at the edge of the solar disc to turn and move more into center of the disc for the verification, the above concept is fair, not generating extra overheads in sunspot energy values

Let me know your opinion

thank you
\
darius