new Canaan?

Robert Marshall

Jan 17, 2024, 5:09:07 AMJan 17
A piece in this weeks' Church times where it appears early US puritans
were into frilly knickers ;)
https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/media/5694316/ct8391-cover-banner.jpg

That link will probably only reflect my comment for a few more days

Robert
--
I do not want a God whose love is less generous than my own pale
imitations of it. Sara Maitland

Kendall K. Down

Jan 17, 2024, 3:19:06 PMJan 17
On 17/01/2024 09:41, Robert Marshall wrote:

> A piece in this weeks' Church times where it appears early US puritans
> were into frilly knickers ;)

It looked like a misericord to me.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

Robert Marshall

Jan 18, 2024, 3:09:05 AMJan 18
On Wed, Jan 17 2024, "Kendall K. Down" <kendal...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 17/01/2024 09:41, Robert Marshall wrote:
>
>> A piece in this weeks' Church times where it appears early US puritans
>> were into frilly knickers ;)
>
> It looked like a misericord to me.

I also found the actual article interesting for it's[1] study of alcohol
drinking habits in the 17th century european immigrants into America

Some hard drinking but other less so (but still drinking)

https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2024/12-january/features/features/drink-fuelled-fun-enraged-puritans

Worship and quaffing booze went together like Calvin and predestination for the Pilgrim Fathers.

(church times site has restrictions for non customers but you can read
the occasional article if you're not paid up)

[1] leaves the faulty ' in having read yesterday that a possessive ' in
its was the usage of that era. ;)

GB

Jan 18, 2024, 5:29:06 AMJan 18
On 18/01/2024 07:57, Robert Marshall wrote:

> [1] leaves the faulty ' in having read yesterday that a possessive ' in
> its was the usage of that era. ;)

My family think I need to get my pedantry treated - a
pedantriatist/chiropedant was suggested.