Science??

hermeneutika

Jan 25, 2024, 1:00:54 PMJan 25
Christianity holds that man was created
by God, in the image of God, but by his
own choice became separated from God.
Since then he has not been able to reflect a
perfect image of God. In the Christian view
man's basic problem is his separation from
God.
The Christian believes that his view of
man is a part of 'revealed' truth, informa-
tion known only because God chose to
reveal it and man could not have arrived at
it through his own reason.
Psychiatry on the other hand approaches
man through observation, postulation and
theories. It tries to understand man largely
by a process of inductive reasoning.
Conflict arises when psychiatric theories of
man clearly run contrary - or are wrongly
thought to run contrary - to the Christian
view of man. Therefore the nature and
personality of man has been one of the
points of contact and difference between the
scientific models of man and the theological
views of man.

(https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/070674377502000704)

When one is dealing with such issues then it seems to me one cannot avoid polemics. (plural noun: polemics
a speech or piece of writing expressing a strongly critical attack on or controversial opinion about someone or something.)
But the problem then is that people with so called "mental health" issues will regard me as heartless if i begin a polemic on mental health. So in Church i have to hold my fire, for fear of upsetting the so called "mentally ill"!!!
Does God heal today.....??

Kendall K. Down

Jan 25, 2024, 1:28:59 PMJan 25
On 25/01/2024 09:26, hermeneutika wrote:

> When one is dealing with such issues then it seems to me one cannot avoid polemics. (plural noun: polemics

There is a singular noun: polemic.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down