Windows 11

hermeneutika

Mar 13, 2023, 2:22:47 AM3/13/23
I use two Bible programs(mainly)...Online Bible and the Olive Tree Bible program. However recently i have issues with the Online Bible under Windows 11. It is just not working.Has anyone else got similar problems? Perhaps it is me?

I am working on a website which allows me to produce my own chain reference Bible. Its slow work! I noticed in the Olive Tree Bible that they have the Treasury of Scripture knowledge, but they want about 40 dollars for it. (why completely reinvent the wheel? ) I already have a version of the Treasury of Scripture knowledge on the Online Bible program, but as stated i have issues with it under Windows 11. Online Bible still works fine and without error in Windows 10. There i can access the Treasury of Scripture knowledge which is a chain reference Bible.
If one accepts the mantra that "Scripture interprets Scripture" then a chain reference Bible is invaluable. However implicit in any chain reference is the Theology of the author. RA Torrey was one of the authors of TSK and a guy called Thompson did the Thompson chain reference. And if by the grace of God i actually do my own chain reference then hermeneutika's chain reference might break the internet!!

Kendall K. Down

Mar 13, 2023, 3:46:07 AM3/13/23
On 12/03/2023 13:31, hermeneutika wrote:

> I use two Bible programs(mainly)...Online Bible and the Olive Tree Bible program. However recently i have issues with the Online Bible under Windows 11. It is just not working.Has anyone else got similar problems? Perhaps it is me?

I have had numerous reports (including from the local computer shop)
about problems with Win11. I would not advise anyone to go for Win11
unless they have absolutely no choice in the matter. Perhaps in a year
or so the bugs will be ironed out - Win10 was similar in its early
iterations.

> I am working on a website which allows me to produce my own chain reference Bible.

Good. The more you put into Bible study the more you will get out.

> If one accepts the mantra that "Scripture interprets Scripture" then a chain reference Bible is invaluable. However implicit in any chain reference is the Theology of the author.

I am sure you realise that the Hermeneutika Chain Reference Bible will
suffer from the same defect.

That is the main reason why the SDA Bible Commentary is the only one I
have. By and large it restricts itself to explaining the Greek or Hebrew
or providing historical and geographical background. Of course, even
there doctrinal bias creeps in, but it does attempt to provide tools
rather than telling you what to think or how the passage must be
interpreted.

Other commentaries I have seen are more along the lines of "This is what
the passage means", which is fine if you are busy and don't want to be
confused by a whole lot of "it could be this or it could be that".

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

Kendall K. Down

Mar 13, 2023, 3:46:08 AM3/13/23
On 12/03/2023 13:31, hermeneutika wrote:

> I use two Bible programs(mainly)...Online Bible and the Olive Tree Bible program.

By the way, what is this "online Bible"? A quick search using "online
bible" as the search terms turns up bible.com, biblehub.com,
biblegateway.com, kingjamesbibleonline.org, biblestudytools.com and so on.

John

Mar 13, 2023, 6:16:07 AM3/13/23
biblehub.com is by far my favourite.

John

Mar 13, 2023, 6:26:07 AM3/13/23
hermeneutika wrote:
> I use two Bible programs(mainly)...Online Bible and the Olive Tree Bible program. However recently i have issues with the Online Bible under Windows 11. It is just not working.Has anyone else got similar problems? Perhaps it is me?

I don't have Windows 10, apparently my computer isn't compatible) so
this may not work.

Two possibilities. Try running the program in administrator mode, if
that doesn't work try right clicking the application (not the shortcut
if you have one), properties and then compatibility, drop the box to
show win10 and earlier and try running it in that.

Mike Davis

Mar 13, 2023, 7:26:07 AM3/13/23
I tend to use:
https://www.biblegateway.com/

Which gives access to 150 different Versions with useful search tools.
Mike
--
Mike Davis

hermeneutika

Mar 14, 2023, 12:06:07 PM3/14/23

Kendall K. Down

Mar 14, 2023, 5:36:05 PM3/14/23
On 14/03/2023 16:01, hermeneutika wrote:

> www.onlinebible.net

Thanks.

I must admit that I prefer a Bible that can be accessed as simple ascii
text.

hermeneutika

Mar 20, 2023, 12:25:56 PM3/20/23
I find the onlinebible very useful.....it has a lot of different Bible translations and lots of bookd and commentaries

Kendall K. Down

Mar 20, 2023, 4:55:56 PM3/20/23
On 20/03/2023 16:25, hermeneutika wrote:

> I find the onlinebible very useful.....it has a lot of different Bible translations and lots of bookd and commentaries

The different translations, fine. The books and commentaries - hmmm. I
prefer to do my own study.