End times and prophecy

hermeneutika

Sep 6, 2021, 3:30:51 PM9/6/21
So....if one accepts that there is actually a Supreme Being,and this SB caused the set of writings we call the Bible to be written. Also it is impossible for the SB to lie. Anything the SB writes is pure Truth.

So if the SB has written prophecy....the the SB must be correct in what He writes.
For me there are only two possibilities coming out of end time prophecy.

1) we are heading for the "rapture"

2) we are heading for the Great Tribulation

if the correct understanding of Scripture is 1 ...then we must be rapture ready. On the other hand if the correct understaning of Scripture is 2, then we must be ready to go through the Tribulation and be prepared to die for the faith(not kill).

In any event the book of Revelation is the Word of God......He cannot lie....we are forewarned.....what ought we to do? and what ought we to beleive??

Kendall K. Down

Sep 6, 2021, 3:40:09 PM9/6/21
On 06/09/2021 20:19, hermeneutika wrote:

> In any event the book of Revelation is the Word of God......He cannot lie....we are forewarned.....what ought we to do? and what ought we to beleive??

Well, the first thing is to stop believing in all that rapture nonsense!
The basis for it - Jesus' statement about two women grinding at the mill
- is a very tenuous foundation for the vast edifice that has been
erected by certain popular authors and preachers.

That, plus what seems to me a wholly perverse interpretation of Daniel 9
which puts several thousand years between the 69 weeks and the 70th
week. Why on earth?

God bless,
Kendall K. Down