corporate prayer?

hermeneutika

Mar 2, 2023, 2:42:16 PM3/2/23
Mt 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

i have been asked on more than one occasion to either leave prayer meetings or not to pray in certain way. Even a person like me has to finally question myself and figure out that maybe i am indeed out of order. ie the fault lies with myself. And that the leadership was correct to either ask me to stop attending the prayer meetings or stop praying in a certain way. So i therefore must cast the beam out of my own eye.

To be on the safe side i am thinking of stopping attending all corporate prayer meetings. This way i will not give offence to anyone. Or i will not place myself in the embarrassing position where i am asked publically to desist from a particular form of "prayer".

Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices [shall be] accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.(except hermeneutika)
Mt 21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer;(except for hermeneutika) but ye have made it a den of thieves.

so two choices....

1) my prayers are indeed sinful and offensive and i need to repent rapid.
2) something else

or really i have not reached a certain standard of holiness to even attend a place of Christian worship. I continue to believe in God and His Son Jesus Christ.....and the Bible as the Word of God.....however i have not reached the required standard of holiness and righteousness to attend a Church. The fault is mine alone.

Kendall K. Down

Mar 2, 2023, 3:16:28 PM3/2/23
On 02/03/2023 16:51, hermeneutika wrote:

> i have been asked on more than one occasion to either leave prayer meetings or not to pray in certain way.

Without knowing more details of what this "certain way" is, it is
impossible to make any meaningful comment.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

Mike Davis

Mar 2, 2023, 4:36:22 PM3/2/23
On 02/03/2023 16:51, hermeneutika wrote:
> Mt 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.
>
> i have been asked on more than one occasion to either leave prayer meetings or not to pray in certain way. Even a person like me has to finally question myself and figure out that maybe i am indeed out of order. ie the fault lies with myself. And that the leadership was correct to either ask me to stop attending the prayer meetings or stop praying in a certain way. So i therefore must cast the beam out of my own eye.

If it distracts other people and/or draws attention to yourself, then
pray quietly and give it all to the Lord.

[I've had people walk out of a prayer meeting, 'because there are
Catholics present!' That I could do nothing about!!! ;-) ]

Mike
--
Mike Davis

hermeneutika

Mar 3, 2023, 9:46:19 AM3/3/23
ok thank you for your input.

1)(over ten years ago) The Pastor told me not to come to any more prayer meetings....as far as i can remember i was er "praying" that the "Church" would do more for people with addiction issues ......he got very angry with me. in hindsight i think he probably thought i was using the prayer meeting as a platform to criticise him.....whivh i may have been doing....it was a while ago
2) (about 4 years ago) i had a new album by the secular rock band "Overkill".....part of the chorus was

How many times and how many crimes
No pill to break the fever
How many more will walk through the door
Turn doubter to believer
When you're alone
Say a little prayer for me

So i took the singer semi literally and prayed for the band in Church on a Sunday morning service. But the singer did ask for solitary prayer. Anyway the leadership took extreme exception to my prayers. He was a very very annoyed. I havnt been back!
3) 2 days ago. Against my better judgement i got involved in prayer walking. It was suggested to me by a female in the home group i was going to . It was difficult and very politically incorrect to refuse her. Anyway i went prayer walking. On the first day of the prayer walking the female "leader" corrected my prayer by asking me not to pray against anything. That is when i should have left. But i thought i need to be more balanced in my views, and uphold the principle that all are entitled to their point of view. Anyway i kept going to prayer walking. And then 2 days ago, we were given access to a local Church building, so went into the building and prayed in the various rooms. We finally ended up in the main worship room. I ended up praying for the power and authority to cast out the devil
Lu 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

Immediately the female leader asked me to stop. Of course i immediately complied, as i have no wish to give offence ....

so three complaints about my prayers. I seem to have a perfect knack of giving offense. So dont worry i wont darken any more corporate prayer meetings....i have learned my lession. Some leader will shut me down so i withdraw. I can pray alone. if God doesnt like it He can always kill me. Church is all about power. Nothing to do with love! I have cancelled most of my whatsapp contacts....i have probably offended people for this email. I can only apologise.

Mike Davis

Mar 3, 2023, 11:16:25 AM3/3/23
Hi Michael - thanks for those examples - often. it's not what you do,
it's the way that one does it!

While I have nothing against praying 'against' something, (and I do do
that - but usually quietly - on the grounds that what needs to be aware
of that prayer will know!), in a group, it's probably better just to ask
for God's help and strength for the situation or people involved. (One
of the reasons that I would normally pray quietly in tongues in such a
group.)

And do remember that when 'prayer walking' you can think of every
footstep leaving a 'prayer print' behind you!

Blessings

Mike
--
Mike Davis

Kendall K. Down

Mar 3, 2023, 3:36:24 PM3/3/23
On 03/03/2023 14:42, hermeneutika wrote:

> So i took the singer semi literally and prayed for the band in Church on a Sunday morning service. But the singer did ask for solitary prayer. Anyway the leadership took extreme exception to my prayers. He was a very very annoyed. I havnt been back!

Neither example seems all that offensive - unless, perhaps, you laboured
the point. A brief mention seems inoffensive to me.

> I ended up praying for the power and authority to cast out the devil

Maybe you should stick to beseeching God to heal all the sick people in
all the world? A rather fatuous petition, in my opinion, but it doesn't
seem to upset people.

Kendall K. Down

Mar 3, 2023, 3:46:20 PM3/3/23
On 03/03/2023 16:06, Mike Davis wrote:

> While I have nothing against praying 'against' something, (and I do do
> that - but usually quietly - on the grounds that what needs to be aware
> of that prayer will know!), in a group, it's probably better just to ask
> for God's help and strength for the situation or people involved. (One
> of the reasons that I would normally pray quietly in tongues in such a
> group.)

But praying in tongues can offend some people! I can't see it going down
well in any of the churches I attend regularly, for example.

Perhaps the answer to hermeneutika's complaint is to stick to trite
phrases and inoffensive topics until one has guaged the group one is in.
If you really feel the need to pray in tongues or pray against someone
or something, let it be silently. That way no one will be offended.

Incidentally, the fact that the leader of the prayer walk specifically
asked hermeneutika not to "pray against" suggests that he has "form" and
his predelictions are well-known.

Kendall K. Down

Mar 3, 2023, 3:46:21 PM3/3/23
On 02/03/2023 21:33, Mike Davis wrote:

> [I've had people walk out of a prayer meeting, 'because there are
> Catholics present!' That I could do nothing about!!! ;-)  ]

You could cease to be Catholic?

Seriously, how sad. My only concern in a prayer meeting is whether God
is present and if there are Catholics or Hindus or whatever also
present, I'm sure God can cope with it.

Mike Davis

Mar 3, 2023, 4:26:18 PM3/3/23
On 03/03/2023 20:38, Kendall K. Down wrote:
> On 03/03/2023 16:06, Mike Davis wrote:
>
>> While I have nothing against praying 'against' something, (and I do do
>> that - but usually quietly - on the grounds that what needs to be
>> aware of that prayer will know!), in a group, it's probably better
>> just to ask for God's help and strength for the situation or people
>> involved. (One of the reasons that I would normally pray quietly in
>> tongues in such a group.)
>
> But praying in tongues can offend some people! I can't see it going down
> well in any of the churches I attend regularly, for example.

The word 'quietly' means that others don't have to hear.

> Perhaps the answer to hermeneutika's complaint is to stick to trite
> phrases and inoffensive topics until one has guaged the group one is in.
> If you really feel the need to pray in tongues or pray against someone
> or something, let it be silently. That way no one will be offended.

Precisely.

> Incidentally, the fact that the leader of the prayer walk specifically
> asked hermeneutika not to "pray against" suggests that he has "form" and
> his predelictions are well-known.

Probably.

Mike
--
Mike Davis

Kendall K. Down

Mar 3, 2023, 9:06:18 PM3/3/23
On 03/03/2023 21:21, Mike Davis wrote:

> The word 'quietly' means that others don't have to hear.

Quietly, though, is not the same as silently.

Stuart

Mar 5, 2023, 5:16:19 PM3/5/23
In article <k6cj0m...@mid.individual.net>,
Mike Davis <mjd...@trustsof.co.uk> wrote:
> If it distracts other people and/or draws attention to yourself, then
> pray quietly and give it all to the Lord.

> [I've had people walk out of a prayer meeting, 'because there are
> Catholics present!' That I could do nothing about!!! ;-)

Hopw would they know they were Catholics, non of the Catholics I know have
two heads or horns growing out of their foreheads.

--
Stuart Winsor

Tools With A Mission
sending tools across the world
http://www.twam.co.uk/

Kendall K. Down

Mar 6, 2023, 12:16:17 AM3/6/23
On 05/03/2023 21:13, Stuart wrote:

> Hopw would they know they were Catholics, non of the Catholics I know have
> two heads or horns growing out of their foreheads.

You look at their hands or their foreheads - that's where the mark of
the beast is located.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

(Sarcasm, in case you think I'm serious.)

Stuart

Mar 6, 2023, 4:36:17 AM3/6/23
In article <tu3se3$1jstu$1...@dont-email.me>,
:-)

Mike Davis

Mar 6, 2023, 8:56:19 AM3/6/23
On 05/03/2023 21:13, Stuart wrote:
> In article <k6cj0m...@mid.individual.net>,
> Mike Davis <mjd...@trustsof.co.uk> wrote:
>> If it distracts other people and/or draws attention to yourself, then
>> pray quietly and give it all to the Lord.
>
>> [I've had people walk out of a prayer meeting, 'because there are
>> Catholics present!' That I could do nothing about!!! ;-)
>
> Hopw would they know they were Catholics, non of the Catholics I know have
> two heads or horns growing out of their foreheads.

Nah! We keep them hidden (in the confessional) !!!

Mike
--
Mike Davis