No Christian states

1 view

hermeneutika

Nov 15, 2021, 2:47:46 PM11/15/21
Since there are no Christian states on the face of this Godless planet. War is then fought at the drop of a hat and since there are no Christians in government moral and ethical questions concerning the use of lethal violence are not considered.
Since the Church is a militarily powerless organisation she cannot enforce her doctrines on governments. Or do we disobey our Founder and murder our enemies?

Kendall K. Down

Nov 15, 2021, 3:20:07 PM11/15/21
On 15/11/2021 15:34, hermeneutika wrote:

> Or do we disobey our Founder and murder our enemies?

Since there is no conscription, there is no question of you being
required to murder Britain's enemies. Just don't join up.

Even when there was conscription (and since WWI) the status of
noncombatants and conscientious objectors has been recognised and
catered for.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

Stuart

Nov 15, 2021, 6:20:07 PM11/15/21
In article <91bdb1bf-6d5a-4c57...@googlegroups.com>,
hermeneutika <hermen...@msn.com> wrote:
> Since there are no Christian states on the face of this Godless planet.
> War is then fought at the drop of a hat and since there are no
> Christians in government

In the case of the UK I think that is a rather bold, and incorrect
statement.

There is in fact a cross party "Christians in Parliament" group and it
would be be reasonable to consider that the Bishops in the House of Lords
are Christian.

However, on the face of it, it would seem they have little influence on
government policy.

Blair, Cameron and May all made some claim to be "Christian" but it is not
for me to pass judgement on their behaviour.

--
Stuart Winsor

Tools With A Mission
sending tools across the world
http://www.twam.co.uk/

Kendall K. Down

Nov 15, 2021, 9:40:07 PM11/15/21
On 15/11/2021 23:17, Stuart wrote:

>> War is then fought at the drop of a hat and since there are no
>> Christians in government

> In the case of the UK I think that is a rather bold, and incorrect
> statement.

I presume Hermeneutika is thinking along the lines of "no true Scotsman".