Hmmmm.

Kendall K. Down

Mar 19, 2023, 4:55:58 PM3/19/23
I have repeatedly been told - and have said it myself - that one reason
why Jesus returned to heaven and sent the Holy Spirit to earth in His
place, was that He now has a human body, which limits His ability to be
omnipresent. Were He still on earth, we would have to travel to
Palestine if we wanted His advice and guidance or an answer to our
prayers or teaching on doctrine. The Holy Spirit, on the other hand, can
be in all places at all times and provide what each one needs, right
where he is living.

However I was surprised to read this in Eusebius' Oration before
Constantine, in which he talks about the mystery of the Incarnation.

==========
In all this He was the servant of His Father's will, Himself
remaining still the same as when with the Father; unchanged in essence,
unimpaired in nature, unfettered by the trammels of mortal flesh, nor
hindered by His abode in a human body from being elsewhere present.
==========

What do others think? Do you agree with Eusebius? Were you taught as I
was concerning the limitation of Jesus' human body?

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

Madhu

Mar 20, 2023, 5:35:57 AM3/20/23

* "Kendall K. Down" <tv7srr$35k0r$1...@dont-email.me> :
Wrote on Sun, 19 Mar 2023 20:55:23 +0000:
On the post-resurrection appearances,

(1Cor 15:6) After that, he was seen of above five hundred
brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this
present, but some are fallen asleep.

It is possible that the 500 were not gathered at one spot and the
appearences were in parallel.

This parallel manifestation at multiple places is a standard theme in
Indian Guruism. Yogananda ("Autobiography of etc.") describes how his
guru appeared to multiple people after his (gurus's) death, when he
attained The Supreme. This is not isolate, there dozens of ascended
masters with their own websites and books. the moksha themes are modeled
on the resurrection of Jesus (or arguably vice versa) where the dead
guru becomes deathless and immortal, having become one with The All
(God)b, but yet can guide disciples.

Steve Hague

Mar 20, 2023, 5:45:57 AM3/20/23
I don't think there's enough information in the bible for us to
pronounce on the limitations (or otherwise) of Jesus' post resurrection
body. We know He could suddenly appear in locked rooms, speak to people
who'd known Him for years and they would not recognise Him. It seems to
me He could change His appearence as and when He wished. Could He be in
more than one place at one time? I'm guessing He could, but a guess is
all it is.
Steve Hague

Kendall K. Down

Mar 20, 2023, 5:18:37 PM3/20/23
On 20/03/2023 09:32, Madhu wrote:

> It is possible that the 500 were not gathered at one spot and the
> appearences were in parallel.

I have always understood it that the 500 were gathered in once place and
all saw Jesus at the same time and in the same way.

Kendall K. Down

Mar 20, 2023, 5:25:56 PM3/20/23
On 20/03/2023 09:36, Steve Hague wrote:

> I don't think there's enough information in the bible for us to
> pronounce on the limitations (or otherwise) of Jesus' post resurrection
> body. We know He could suddenly appear in locked rooms

This is the most fatuous of arguments. Tell me, on a scale of 1 to 10,
which is the more difficult: for a genuine human body to walk on water
as if it were solid brick, or for a genuine human body to pass through
solid brick as though it were water?

No orthodox Christian doubts that Jesus had a real human body before His
death and resurrection, yet that body could do things no human body can
do - not because there was anything different about Jesus' body, but
because God can do anything.

After all, Phillip had a genuine human body (I presume) yet he suddenly
disappeared from the Ethiopian eunuch's sight and reappeared 28 miles
away (Azotus is modern Ashdod).

> speak to people who'd known Him for years and they would not recognise
> Him.

If you saw someone killed and buried today, do you really think you
would recognise them tomorrow? You might think there was something
familiar about the figure (did not our hearts burn within us?), but you
wouldn't immediately conclude that it was the resurrected person.

> It seems to
> me He could change His appearence as and when He wished.

I'm sure He could. There is no evidence that He did.