Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

hermeneutika

ungelesen,
24.11.2022, 14:12:3224.11.22
an
A genuine inquiry. For years if not dcades i have relied upon Strongs exhaustive concordance for the root meanings of Bible words. However some people have cast doubts on the reliabilty of Strongs. But most still recommend Vines and Vincents. What do other people thing?

Kendall K. Down

ungelesen,
24.11.2022, 14:19:3424.11.22
an
On 23/11/2022 10:08, hermeneutika wrote:

> A genuine inquiry. For years if not dcades i have relied upon Strongs exhaustive concordance for the root meanings of Bible words. However some people have cast doubts on the reliabilty of Strongs. But most still recommend Vines and Vincents. What do other people thing?

Strongs tells us how a word is used, primarily in the Bible but possibly
also in other ancient literature. The trouble is that words change over
time and a meaning which was used in 1500 BC might not be the same in
500 BC. I don't think that Strongs reflects that.

I am sure there are other and better Bible dictionaries out there, but
Strongs is certainly a good introduction and is probably perfectly
adequate unless you are wanting to set yourself up as a definitive
expositor.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

0 neue Nachrichten