any rebuttals of Dr Jay Smith?

hermeneutika

Feb 17, 2024, 2:46:42 PMFeb 17
I have been listening to Dr Jay Smith for some time now. I have yet to see a rebuttal of his arguments. Maybe i have not looked hard enough? Or maybe i am biased? His arguements seem pretty good to me. Anyone else been listening to Dr Jay Smith?

Kendall K. Down

Feb 17, 2024, 2:48:27 PMFeb 17
On 17/02/2024 16:18, hermeneutika wrote:

> I have been listening to Dr Jay Smith for some time now. I have yet to see a rebuttal of his arguments. Maybe i have not looked hard enough? Or maybe i am biased? His arguements seem pretty good to me. Anyone else been listening to Dr Jay Smith?

No.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

www.avg.com

Muhammad

Feb 18, 2024, 4:48:28 AMFeb 18
On 17/02/2024 16:18, hermeneutika wrote:
> I have been listening to Dr Jay Smith for some time now. I have yet to see a rebuttal of his arguments. Maybe i have not looked hard enough? Or maybe i am biased? His arguements seem pretty good to me. Anyone else been listening to Dr Jay Smith?

It isn't difficult to find J. Smith being disproven and at time being
humiliated. Even, then he smiles and continues, on the same points he's
been proven wrong on... in hope to find someone that is ignorant enough
to fall for his fallacies.

I wouldn't recommend Christian like him to the ones to learn from. But,
your choice.

John

Feb 18, 2024, 7:08:26 AMFeb 18
What has he been proved wrong on? (genuine question)

Muhammad

Feb 18, 2024, 11:08:25 AMFeb 18
A small example...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEP_B7sxX6M

Despite being proven wrong, they kept using Petra as the first direction
of Muslim prayer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK9jLw9v4Nw

I can go on, but that is enough...

Timreason

Feb 18, 2024, 12:38:27 PMFeb 18
On 17/02/2024 16:18, hermeneutika wrote:
> I have been listening to Dr Jay Smith for some time now. I have yet to see a rebuttal of his arguments. Maybe i have not looked hard enough? Or maybe i am biased? His arguements seem pretty good to me. Anyone else been listening to Dr Jay Smith?

It would be foolish to listen to Jay Smith. Far better to listen to
people with more sense - and that would be VERY easy to find...

"By their fruits you may know them."

Tim. [Trying to avoid the restrictions of the charter whilst still
getting across what I want to say.]

Kendall K. Down

Feb 18, 2024, 1:38:24 PMFeb 18
On 18/02/2024 16:03, Muhammad wrote:

> Despite being proven wrong, they kept using Petra as the first direction
> of Muslim prayer...

If you look on Google Earth and extend the line of the mosques to which
Smith refers, they do indeed point very close to Petra. However given
that Mecca is not all that distant (in terms of angle) and that the
early Muslims lacked compasses and Google Earth and other modern
amenities, it is not clear to me that they actually intended to point
towards Petra or intended Mecca but their technology let them down.

Kendall K. Down

Feb 18, 2024, 1:38:26 PMFeb 18
On 18/02/2024 17:34, Timreason wrote:

> "By their fruits you may know them."

What fruits did you have in mind particularly?

Timreason

Feb 18, 2024, 1:58:27 PMFeb 18
On 18/02/2024 18:34, Kendall K. Down wrote:
> On 18/02/2024 17:34, Timreason wrote:
>
>> "By their fruits you may know them."
>
> What fruits did you have in mind particularly?
>
> God bless,
> Kendall K. Down

Doesn't matter, when there don't seem to be any!

Tim.

Kendall K. Down

Feb 19, 2024, 1:28:26 AMFeb 19
On 18/02/2024 18:57, Timreason wrote:

> Doesn't matter, when there don't seem to be any!

So a fairly meaningless comment, then.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

Timreason

Feb 19, 2024, 3:18:25 AMFeb 19
On 19/02/2024 06:22, Kendall K. Down wrote:
> On 18/02/2024 18:57, Timreason wrote:
>
>> Doesn't matter, when there don't seem to be any!
>
> So a fairly meaningless comment, then.

No, a highly relevant one.

If no evidence of the Fruit of the Spirit is evident in someone, it
tells us something.

Tim.

Muhammad

Feb 19, 2024, 4:08:25 AMFeb 19
On 19/02/2024 06:22, Kendall K. Down wrote:
> On 18/02/2024 18:57, Timreason wrote:
>
>> Doesn't matter, when there don't seem to be any!
>
> So a fairly meaningless comment, then.
>
> God bless,
> Kendall K. Down

I agree with Tim...

Mark Goodge

Feb 19, 2024, 4:48:26 AMFeb 19
You have a habit of posting comments like this about people that most of us
have never heard of. It would help a lot if you could at least give some
background. Who is Dr jay Smith? What are the basic tenets of his teachings?
Where can we find out more about him? And so on.

Mark

Kendall K. Down

Feb 19, 2024, 2:38:25 PMFeb 19
On 19/02/2024 08:15, Timreason wrote:

> If no evidence of the Fruit of the Spirit is evident in someone, it
> tells us something.

Among the thing it may tell you is that you don't know the person very
well. A bit hard to judge a person you do not know except via a couple
of presentations on YouTube.

Timreason

Feb 20, 2024, 4:38:23 AMFeb 20
On 19/02/2024 19:30, Kendall K. Down wrote:
> On 19/02/2024 08:15, Timreason wrote:
>
>> If no evidence of the Fruit of the Spirit is evident in someone, it
>> tells us something.
>
> Among the thing it may tell you is that you don't know the person very
> well. A bit hard to judge a person you do not know except via a couple
> of presentations on YouTube.

However, they were a couple of presentations showing that the person had
been lying, and in the face of firm evidence to that fact, he was just
wearing a foolish grin. [Sounds a bit like a certain president I won't
name.]

So, a liar. At least in that instance.

I suppose one might assume he could have been drunk and didn't know what
was going on.

Tim.

Kendall K. Down

Feb 21, 2024, 1:28:24 AMFeb 21
On 20/02/2024 09:32, Timreason wrote:

> However, they were a couple of presentations showing that the person had
> been lying, and in the face of firm evidence to that fact, he was just
> wearing a foolish grin. [Sounds a bit like a certain president I won't
> name.]

If so, your comment is valid.