Noah's Ark was found years ago

Timreason

Nov 9, 2022, 4:59:36 AM11/9/22
Stumbled on this on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQwfU7DvUyE

Yet I suppose this is not accepted by the 'academics'?

Comments please...

Tim.

steve hague

Nov 9, 2022, 10:09:35 AM11/9/22
There seems to be a lot of speculation accepted as certainty.

Timreason

Nov 9, 2022, 10:19:36 AM11/9/22
Yes. I'm willing to keep an open mind about these things, but it has the
feel that they reached their conclusion first...

Tim.

Kendall K. Down

Nov 9, 2022, 4:29:36 PM11/9/22
On 09/11/2022 09:59, Timreason wrote:

> Yet I suppose this is not accepted by the 'academics'?
> Comments please...

It is sufficient to note that the alleged finder is Ron Wyatt, who was
an egregious liar. I regret that I believe in soul-sleep, as it would be
nice to think of him suffering in the flames of hell.

However Ron was not the finder. It was discovered by some American in
the military whose task it was to look through satellite photographs -
something new in those days - for evidence of Russian activity. He
noticed this shape and put forward the suggestion that it was the ark.

The site was investigated soon afterwards by television evangelist
Vandeman, who went out with a team of proper archaeologists and, with
government authorisation, dug a trench across one of the "walls" of the
ark, with cameras rolling. I forget whether they were there for a week
or ten days, but on the last day it was pretty obvious that there were
no archaeological remains, so to hasten the excavation they planted some
charges of dynamite and set them off. They were thus able to go down
deeply into the rock and show that it is an unusual but entirely natural
geologic formation.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

Kendall K. Down

Nov 9, 2022, 4:39:35 PM11/9/22
On 09/11/2022 15:00, steve hague wrote:

> There seems to be a lot of speculation accepted as certainty.

The hallmark of all Wyatt's rubbish.

In the days when we ran tours we were plagued by people who wondered why
we weren't showing them pharaoh's chariots in the Red Sea or the cave
under Gordon's Calvary, both alleged discoveries by the charlatan.

The Garden Tomb, in whose grounds he dug, produced a leaflet that they
handed out to enquirers, debunking Wyatt's claims in the most scathing
manner. I can post the letter if anyone is interested.

Kendall K. Down

Nov 9, 2022, 10:29:36 PM11/9/22
On 09/11/2022 21:27, Kendall K. Down wrote:

> However Ron was not the finder. It was discovered by some American in
> the military whose task it was to look through satellite photographs -
> something new in those days - for evidence of Russian activity. He
> noticed this shape and put forward the suggestion that it was the ark.

Sorry, it was found by a Turkish officer working on behalf of NATO (the
Americans). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durupınar_site

Timreason

Nov 10, 2022, 4:19:34 AM11/10/22
On 09/11/2022 21:27, Kendall K. Down wrote:
Ah, OK thanks for that. I wonder what motives this Ron Wyatt had, for
such attempted deceptions? Maybe to cash in on tourism or something
like that, I suppose.

Tim.

Kendall K. Down

Nov 10, 2022, 2:39:35 PM11/10/22
On 10/11/2022 08:22, Timreason wrote:

> Ah, OK thanks for that. I wonder what motives this Ron Wyatt had, for
> such attempted deceptions?  Maybe to cash in on tourism or something
> like that, I suppose.

He made a good living out of going round churches and whipping up
fervour with his fraudulent tales of discoveries that confirm the Bible.
So much so that he spawned a number of imitators. One of these, in
Australia, was offended by some remarks in the Diggings magazine and
threatened to sue. We told him we'd be delighted - and heard no more of it.