Just for the record

hermeneutika

Jan 7, 2024, 2:45:12 PMJan 7
Today i posted "hath God said". Immediately after i posted that post i came across the following book

"The making of Biblical womanhood:How the subjugation of women became a Gospel Truth" by a lady called Beth Allison Barr.

I have bought this book and i am now reading it. The book as you might guess is pro female rights in the Church, if that description may be allowed. According to the blurb she deals with all the Biblical quotes about the role of women. So i am reading this book with great interest. I have bought a book that is the opposite of my usual opinion!
Would that my opponents would do the same!!

Kendall K. Down

Jan 7, 2024, 2:59:23 PMJan 7
On 07/01/2024 15:57, hermeneutika wrote:

> I have bought this book and i am now reading it.

I trust it will illumine your understanding - though as it is presumably
theological in nature, I suspect you will end up more confused than ever.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

Timreason

Jan 7, 2024, 4:19:20 PMJan 7
On 07/01/2024 15:57, hermeneutika wrote:
I do tend to try and read sensible (not extremist) literature from both
'sides' on many issues. Finding literature without a strong bias to one
side or the other is very difficult, of course.

However, when I'm doing something 'for fun' rather than as serious
academic study, I just browse and almost never take notes. That's not
very helpful on platforms such as this newsgroup. But I do own (and have
read) books from both 'conservative' and 'liberal' perspectives.

A lot of it comes down to differing personal beliefs about what is
'cultural' and what is 'absolute' in the Bible.

My personal belief is that the subjugation (IMO) of women as in biblical
times isn't justifiable, and I believe that in Christ there is neither
male nor female, and so either sex is suitable for any role in the
churches. But I do comprehend some of the objections from the
'conservative' side, I just don't agree with them.

Tim.

hermeneutika

Jan 8, 2024, 6:29:20 AMJan 8
Or i may end litening to female preachers without burning them at the stake!!

hermeneutika

Jan 10, 2024, 2:09:16 PMJan 10
On Sun Jan 7 19:56:14 2024 "Kendall K. Down" wrote:
1Co 14:33 For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

i am not confused!!!

181 akatastasia ak-at-as-tah-see -ah

from 182; n f; TDNT-3:446,387; {See TDNT 346}

AV-confusion 2, tumult 2, commotion 1; 5

1) instability, a state of disorder, disturbance, confusion