50,000 year old artwork

Timreason

Jul 27, 2022, 6:09:43 AM7/27/22
Seen in New Scientist:

Ancient Aboriginal rock art in Murujuga is at least 50,000 years old.

So, around 8 to 10 times the age of the Universe according to Genesis...

Tim.

Kendall K. Down

Jul 27, 2022, 4:49:43 PM7/27/22
He he.

I wonder what method they used for determining the age? If C14, they are
close to the theoretical limits for that method, but let me explain why
such dates are unreliable (from the Creationist point of view).

C14 is produced by cosmic particles striking atoms in the upper
atmosphere, a process which is going on continually. However, like all
radioactivity, C14 is continually decaying. If the earth is 4.5 billion
years old it is reasonable to think that the creation and decaying of
C14 has reached a point of equilibrium and that this equilibrium has
been in place well before the 50,000 year limit for C14 dating. In other
words, throughout those 50,000 years the level of atmospheric C14 has
been more or less stable.

Now, however, let us look at things from the Creationist point of view.
Either at Creation or after the Flood, C14 began to be produced, which
means that over the last 6,000 years the level of C14 has been steadily
rising to its present level.

Because there was zero C14 at Creation (or the Flood, take your pick),
the core of the apple that Eve discarded would immediately test as
50,000 years old, simply because the level of C14 was so low.

A couple of years later, with the C14 steadily rising, the wood from
Cain's rejected sacrifice would test as - say - 40,000 years old. And so
it would go on until you reach last century, when the sample would test
very close to what the evolutionist expects.

Note that there is nothing unscientific about the Creationist scenario
and because Adam carelessly left his geiger counter in Eden, we have no
way of knowing what the C14 level was back then. Cro-Magnon man was
equally careless with his geiger counter, so neither the Creationist nor
the Evolutionist can say for certain what the level of C14 was back then
- both of us have to extrapolate based on our presuppositions.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down