Abortion

1 view

hermeneutika

Jul 31, 2022, 3:10:45 PMJul 31
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/30/pregnant-woman-shocked-gp-anti-abortion-leaflet-society-protection-unborn-children-spuc

Are we even "allowed" to have views contrary to the Guardian? Surely whereever one stands on the abortion issue, the anti abortion lobby have the right to their opinions?
For me life begins at conception. Surely if a woman has the right to control her "own" body (1Co 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.)
then what about the rights of the unborn child?

Kendall K. Down

Jul 31, 2022, 3:29:41 PMJul 31
On 31/07/2022 07:20, hermeneutika wrote:

> Are we even "allowed" to have views contrary to the Guardian? Surely whereever one stands on the abortion issue, the anti abortion lobby have the right to their opinions?

Watch me.

> For me life begins at conception. Surely if a woman has the right to control her "own" body (1Co 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.)
> then what about the rights of the unborn child?

The verse you have quoted, however, contradicts the assertion you made
after "surely". Both men and women belong to God - and that includes the
body. That is why I believe that it is a religious duty to care for our
bodies - diet, exercise, etc - because we are looking after something
that belongs to another, we are stewards!

That being so, the woman's body does not belong to her but to God. We
would, I think, agree that a child is a gift from God[1] so a woman
should use God's body to bring God's gift to full development.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

Note 1: In an imperfect world, as we have previously stated, sometimes
imperfect decisions have to be made. A woman may feel very strongly that
a child fathered on her by rape or incest is *not* a gift from God and
it certainly is not my place, as a male outsider, to command her otherwise.