Constantine had his head screwed on right!

Kendall K. Down

Mar 2, 2023, 3:56:23 PM3/2/23
At the end of Eusebius' "Life of Constantine" there is preserved an
oration by the emperor himself to make a particular Easter. When I read
this passage I first thought, "There's nothing new under the sun!" and
then "The old boy had his head screwed on right - more so than many
Christians today."

========
But thou, Nature, parent of all things, what blessing like to this hast
thou ever accomplished for mankind? Nay rather, what is in any sense thy
workmanship, since He who formed the universe is Himself the author of
thy being? For it is He Who has arrayed thee in thy beauty; and the
beauty of Nature is life according to Nature's laws. But principles
quite opposed to Nature have mightily prevailed; in that men have agreed
in withholding His rightful worship from the Lord of all, believing that
the order of the universe depended, not on His providence, but, on the
blind uncertainty of chance: and this notwithstanding the clearest
announcement of the truth by his inspired prophets, whose words should
have claimed belief, but were in every way resisted by that impious
wickedness which hates the light of truth, and loves the obscure mazes
of darkness.
=========

God bless,
Kendall K. Down