orderely withdrawal?

hermeneutika

Aug 18, 2021, 3:53:20 PM8/18/21
Apparently it is has been noted that the best way to strategically withdraw from somewhere is

1) get all your civilians out
2) Get all your equipment out
3) bomb all your infrastructure flat, thus denying anyone use of it
4) finally get your soldiers out

Now that America is back and we have "grown ups" back in the Whitehouse, why are they acting worse than the previous administration?

Kendall K. Down

Aug 18, 2021, 4:50:08 PM8/18/21
On 18/08/2021 16:08, hermeneutika wrote:

> Now that America is back and we have "grown ups" back in the Whitehouse, why are they acting worse than the previous administration?

America has always been isolationist by instinct. Trump's promise to
remove troops from Afghanistan and elsewhere was popular with voters, so
Biden felt obliged to go along with it.

That said, it was very badly managed.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

Peter

Aug 18, 2021, 5:20:06 PM8/18/21
Kendall K. Down wrote:
> On 18/08/2021 16:08, hermeneutika wrote:
>
>> Now that America is back and we have "grown ups" back in the
>> Whitehouse, why are they acting worse than the previous administration?
>
> America has always been isolationist by instinct. Trump's promise to
> remove troops from Afghanistan and elsewhere was popular with voters, so
> Biden felt obliged to go along with it.

Trump was simply repeating what Obama had already said.

--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg