Evri

Kendall K. Down

Jan 16, 2024, 4:49:08 AMJan 16
I've just had a message from Evri, regretting their failure to deliver a
parcel and inviting me to click on a link to reschedule.

1. I am not expecting a parcel.

2. The alleged failure to find anyone at home to take delivery was at
4.22 am.

3. Therefore - to complete the syllogism - I will not be clicking on the
link.

I would advise anyone else who receives a similar e-mail to be similarly
cautious.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

John

Jan 16, 2024, 10:29:08 AMJan 16
Totally agree

My son (adult) had been awaiting delivery of cd's which were a Christmas
present for his mum. They never arrived so he sent an email to them. He
then got a text from Royal Mail saying his parcel was in the warehouse
and to click on the link to pay additional postage of £2 odd. He
automatically assumed this was the parcel he was waiting for.

Fortunately he told me (after he'd done it) to let me know that RM had
charged him the extra amount but the cd's were on their way. I said RM
don't send texts asking you to pay and knew it was a scam straight away.
He said but I've been on the RM website Dad. Er, no you haven't, it's
a spoof website. Did a whois on the website and it had only been
registered the day before! Again fortunately, no money had been taken
from the bank account so he cancelled the card (which he was able to do
from his banking app (a pleasant surprise as it is a High Street Bank)
and request a new one.

If it hadn't been for the fact that he was expecting the parcel he would
have realised straight away himself. I dread to think what would have
happened if he hadn't told me, as there is a high 3 figure sum in there.

GB

Jan 16, 2024, 11:29:09 AMJan 16
On 16/01/2024 15:20, John wrote:
> On 16/01/2024 09:41, Kendall K. Down wrote:
>> I've just had a message from Evri, regretting their failure to deliver
>> a parcel and inviting me to click on a link to reschedule.

I had an email purportedly from DPD today, but the sender was
muszynys...@outlook.co.id

If in doubt, it's worth checking the sender's email address.

Muhammad

Jan 16, 2024, 1:29:09 PMJan 16
On 16/01/2024 09:41, Kendall K. Down wrote:
Depending on your email client, you might also have a 'junk' mail
button, which should add the senders email to spam for future.

Kendall K. Down

Jan 16, 2024, 3:49:08 PMJan 16
On 16/01/2024 15:20, John wrote:

> My son (adult) had been awaiting delivery of cd's which were a Christmas
> present for his mum. They never arrived so he sent an email to them.  He
> then got a text from Royal Mail saying his parcel was in the warehouse
> and to click on the link to pay additional postage of £2 odd.  He
> automatically assumed this was the parcel he was waiting for.
>
> Fortunately he told me (after he'd done it) to let me know that RM had
> charged him the extra amount but the cd's were on their way.  I said RM
> don't send texts asking you to pay and knew it was a scam straight away.
>  He said but I've been on the RM website Dad.  Er, no you haven't, it's
> a spoof website. Did a whois on the website and it had only been
> registered the day before!  Again fortunately, no money had been taken
> from the bank account so he cancelled the card (which he was able to do
> from his banking app (a pleasant surprise as it is a High Street Bank)
> and request a new one.
>
> If it hadn't been for the fact that he was expecting the parcel he would
> have realised straight away himself.  I dread to think what would have
> happened if he hadn't told me, as there is a high 3 figure sum in there.

Thanks. A salutary tale.

Gd bless,
Kendall K. Down

Kendall K. Down

Jan 16, 2024, 3:49:09 PMJan 16
On 16/01/2024 16:24, GB wrote:

> I had an email purportedly from DPD today, but the sender was
> muszynys...@outlook.co.id

> If in doubt, it's worth checking the sender's email address.

Another useful tip.

Kendall K. Down

Jan 16, 2024, 3:49:10 PMJan 16
On 16/01/2024 18:22, Muhammad wrote:

> Depending on your email client, you might also have a 'junk' mail
> button, which should add the senders email to spam for future.

Unfortunately the wretches change e-mail address as often as most people
do their shirts, so although a smart move, it is likely to be of limited
help.

Robert Marshall

Jan 17, 2024, 4:49:07 AMJan 17
And it might be forged, so you end up blacklisting someone useful

Robert
--
I do not want a God whose love is less generous than my own pale
imitations of it. Sara Maitland

John

Jan 18, 2024, 10:09:04 AMJan 18
On 16/01/2024 16:24, GB wrote:
Email addresses can be spoofed so another trick is to run your mouse
over the email address without clicking and the actual email address
will show at the bottom left of the screen. How you do that on a mobile
though I don't know.