Wisdom

hermeneutika

Nov 19, 2022, 2:47:41 PM11/19/22
If Wisdom is the principle thing

Pr 4:7 Wisdom [is] the principal thing; [therefore] get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Is it wise to do a $73 million dollar alcohol contract with a "dry" country?

Kendall K. Down

Nov 19, 2022, 3:29:35 PM11/19/22
On 19/11/2022 15:27, hermeneutika wrote:

> Is it wise to do a $73 million dollar alcohol contract with a "dry" country?

He he! I am laughing my socks off over all these people dismayed because
they will have to watch football while sober. I have long thought that
without inebriation, no one could possibly enjoy watching 22 men chasing
a bag of wind around a field for 90 minutes - and these reports seem to
confirm my opinion.

God bless,
Kendall K. Down

Timreason

Nov 20, 2022, 2:39:34 AM11/20/22
Although I'm not teetotal, there's no way I'd want to drink whilst
watching football, or before. Just possibly a pint afterwards either to
celebrate or commiserate. But I'd WANT to be sober, to fully appreciate
and follow the game. Drinking before or during would probably mean my
mind would be filled with a huge constant image of a toilet, so I
wouldn't be able to enjoy the game. Incidentally, the same applies to
shows at a theatre, I can never understand those who HAVE to go out in
the interval and come back with pints of beer.

Tim.

Stuart

Nov 20, 2022, 5:09:33 AM11/20/22
In article <tlbdoj$39mgu$6...@dont-email.me>,
It's Budwieser, that's not even beer!

I would have thought that preventing fans from getting too drunk would be
a rather good idea anyway the way a lot of them behave.

I do agree with your comments about watching 22 millionaires kicking a bag
of wind about by the way.

S.

--
Stuart Winsor

Tools With A Mission
sending tools across the world
http://www.twam.co.uk/

Kendall K. Down

Nov 21, 2022, 2:59:32 PM11/21/22
On 20/11/2022 07:35, Timreason wrote:

> Although I'm not teetotal, there's no way I'd want to drink whilst
> watching football, or before. Just possibly a pint afterwards either to
> celebrate or commiserate. But I'd WANT to be sober, to fully appreciate
> and follow the game. Drinking before or during would probably mean my
> mind would be filled with a huge constant image of a toilet, so I
> wouldn't be able to enjoy the game. Incidentally, the same applies to
> shows at a theatre, I can never understand those who HAVE to go out in
> the interval and come back with pints of beer.

He he. Good points.

But you want to *appreciate*? Sounds to me like the ancient Chinese
saying, "He who looks for the Celestial Emperor in a common tea shop is
insincere of purpose."

Appreciate art (real art, not the Banksy variety); appreciate music
(classical, of course), even appreciate a well written book. But 22
hairy men running back and forth while earning obscene sums of money?

Kendall K. Down

Nov 21, 2022, 2:59:33 PM11/21/22
On 20/11/2022 09:46, Stuart wrote:

> I do agree with your comments about watching 22 millionaires kicking a bag
> of wind about by the way.

While trying to keep their ridiculous hair-dos out of their eyes ...

Timreason

Nov 21, 2022, 4:49:33 PM11/21/22
Well, I'm not really a huge football fan, but I can enjoy watching it
occasionally, on TV. The thing I would 'appreciate' most about football
is when I see good examples of teamwork. However, usually both sides
seem to look for ways to cheat all the time, which spoils it.

Generally, the women's game is better, as they tend to play more to the
rules much of the time.

Tim.

Kendall K. Down

Nov 22, 2022, 4:29:33 AM11/22/22
On 21/11/2022 21:46, Timreason wrote:

> Generally, the women's game is better, as they tend to play more to the
> rules much of the time.

Plus, of course, there is a certain attractiveness about watching
members of the opposite sex ...