YouTube Channels You Might Not Know: Casual Navigation

Martin Nicholas

Jun 30, 2022, 4:38:44 AM6/30/22
"Casual Navigation creates Maritime Training & Educational Resources
for Industry and the Public. Our mission is to create resources that
viewers want to watch, so on this channel, you will find maritime
training videos that are primarily designed for entertainment."

https://www.youtube.com/c/CasualNavigation/
https://casualnavigation.com/

Some titles:
How does a rudder work?
How do ships stop without brakes?

--
Regards,

Martin Nicholas.

E-mail: reply-...@mgn.org.uk (Address will be valid throughout
June).

The Usenet - part of the free and open internet.

Nicholas D. Richards

Jun 30, 2022, 6:14:51 AM6/30/22
In article <20220630093...@dsklinux.lan>, Martin Nicholas
<reply...@mgn.org.uk> on Thu, 30 Jun 2022 at 09:38:42 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote
>How do ships stop without brakes?

Very quickly, until you want them to stop quickly, or at least that is
the perception when you are at the helm. In an emergency reverse never
seems to work and the rudder seems to stop working :-(
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Oů sont les neiges d'antan?"

John Williamson

Jun 30, 2022, 6:28:53 AM6/30/22
On 30/06/2022 11:09, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <20220630093...@dsklinux.lan>, Martin Nicholas
> <reply...@mgn.org.uk> on Thu, 30 Jun 2022 at 09:38:42 awoke Nicholas
> from his slumbers and wrote
>> How do ships stop without brakes?
>>
> Very quickly, until you want them to stop quickly, or at least that is
> the perception when you are at the helm. In an emergency reverse never
> seems to work and the rudder seems to stop working :-(

Mine also goes sideways...

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Nicholas D. Richards

Jun 30, 2022, 7:27:25 AM6/30/22
In article <ji5c73...@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
<johnwil...@btinternet.com> on Thu, 30 Jun 2022 at 11:28:50 awoke
Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>On 30/06/2022 11:09, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>> In article <20220630093...@dsklinux.lan>, Martin Nicholas
>> <reply...@mgn.org.uk> on Thu, 30 Jun 2022 at 09:38:42 awoke Nicholas
>> from his slumbers and wrote
>>> How do ships stop without brakes?
>>>
>> Very quickly, until you want them to stop quickly, or at least that is
>> the perception when you are at the helm. In an emergency reverse never
>> seems to work and the rudder seems to stop working :-(
>>
>Mine also goes sideways...

As long as it does not rotate on one of the other planes?

John Williamson

Jun 30, 2022, 8:49:49 AM6/30/22
It *is* a Springer, so rocking and rolling is expected. ;-)