Boaters' Update 6 Nov 2020

Martin Nicholas

Nov 7, 2020, 4:23:20 AM11/7/20
From:
https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/boating-blogs-and-features/the-boaters-update/boaters-update-6-nov-2020

--
Regards,

Martin Nicholas.

E-mail: reply-...@mgn.org.uk (Address will be valid throughout
November).

One day C&RT will rebrand to the BWT, like they should have done in the
first place.

Chris Green

Nov 7, 2020, 6:03:04 AM11/7/20
Martin Nicholas <reply...@mgn.org.uk> wrote:
> From:
> https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/boating-blogs-and-features/the-boaters-update/boaters-update-6-nov-2020
>

> > How the national restrictions affect boating:
> >
> > While there may be a few differences between the current lockdown and
> > the last one, such as places of education remaining open, the effect
> > on boating is broadly the same. Boaters who are not currently
> > occupying their boat should not take short overnight breaks or
> > undertake non-essential cruises on their boat during the period.

Is 'essential' maintenance of the boat allowed?

> > If you live on your boat please note all navigation in England should
> > be limited to essential use only, moving only a minimal amount to
> > access essential facilities or services when necessary – or to move
> > along to a quieter mooring if you find the towpath too busy for you
> > where you are moored. Boat licence terms & conditions regarding
> > moving every 14 days are suspended for the four-week period.

So a "move along to a quieter mooring" might be necessary?! How
weird, though it may just be the wording/interpretation has lost
something on the way of course.

--
Chris Green
·

Chris N Deuchar

Nov 7, 2020, 6:43:18 AM11/7/20
In article <s8bi7h-n...@esprimo.zbmc.eu>, c...@isbd.net says...

> Martin Nicholas <reply...@mgn.org.uk> wrote:
> > From:
> > https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/boating-blogs-and-features/the-boaters-update/boaters-update-6-nov-2020
> >

> > > How the national restrictions affect boating:
> > >
> > > While there may be a few differences between the current lockdown and
> > > the last one, such as places of education remaining open, the effect
> > > on boating is broadly the same. Boaters who are not currently
> > > occupying their boat should not take short overnight breaks or
> > > undertake non-essential cruises on their boat during the period.
> > >

> Is 'essential' maintenance of the boat allowed?
>

> > > If you live on your boat please note all navigation in England should
> > > be limited to essential use only, moving only a minimal amount to
> > > access essential facilities or services when necessary ? or to move
> > > along to a quieter mooring if you find the towpath too busy for you
> > > where you are moored. Boat licence terms & conditions regarding
> > > moving every 14 days are suspended for the four-week period.
> >
> So a "move along to a quieter mooring" might be necessary?! How
> weird, though it may just be the wording/interpretation has lost
> something on the way of course.

These were both ok in the last lockdown - which I perceive as having
been stricter (?).

Chris D

ch...@deuchars.co.uk http://www.Deuchars.co.uk
Author & Publisher: "A Boaters Guide to BOATING" 5.00GBP
Mixing old and new waterway techniques. ISBN 9780953151202
Details: http://www.deuchars.co.uk/publication/