Using discounted white diesel in a car.

Martin Nicholas

Feb 15, 2021, 5:07:53 AM2/15/21
I may be slow to this, but there's opportunity to purchase
duty discounted white diesel for your boat and then put it your diesel
car. Not easily detected afterwards, unlike filling your car with red.

I didn't put this in my reply to the consultation - hadn't thought of
it.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform HMRC: I don't own a car.

--
Regards,

Martin Nicholas.

E-mail: reply-...@mgn.org.uk (Address will be valid throughout
February).

The Usenet: Advert-free (but not spam-free) social media since 1980.

Mike Perkins

Feb 20, 2021, 8:11:57 AM2/20/21
On 15/02/2021 10:07, Martin Nicholas wrote:
> I may be slow to this, but there's opportunity to purchase
> duty discounted white diesel for your boat and then put it your diesel
> car. Not easily detected afterwards, unlike filling your car with red.
>
> I didn't put this in my reply to the consultation - hadn't thought of
> it.
>
> I would like to take this opportunity to inform HMRC: I don't own a car.

I genuinely thought there were other chemical markers put in 'white
diesel' purchased at boat yards. BICBW

The red dye was always to make it obvious. Some years ago there was a
case where a boat was taken from UK to European waters where the owner
was fined several £000 pounds for having red dye in the tank.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

Martin Nicholas

Feb 22, 2021, 6:10:50 AM2/22/21
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:11:54 +0000
Mike Perkins <sp...@spam.com> wrote:

> I genuinely thought there were other chemical markers put in 'white
> diesel' purchased at boat yards. BICBW

Not seen any mention of this. Maybe there will be "blue diesel" coming.

It's probably unlikely that "maximum discounted" boatyard white
will be much cheaper than Tescbury's; but if it is they've got a
problem, with the only loser being HMRC.

ChrisND

Feb 22, 2021, 9:46:55 AM2/22/21
On 22/02/2021 11:10, Martin Nicholas wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:11:54 +0000
> Mike Perkins <sp...@spam.com> wrote:
>
>> I genuinely thought there were other chemical markers put in 'white
>> diesel' purchased at boat yards. BICBW
>
> Not seen any mention of this. Maybe there will be "blue diesel" coming.
>
> It's probably unlikely that "maximum discounted" boatyard white
> will be much cheaper than Tescbury's; but if it is they've got a
> problem, with the only loser being HMRC.

Yes, that was my thinking. I can't see how boatyard prices for white
might get below 'Tescbury's'
<snort> :-)
Chris

--
http://www.Deuchars.co.uk
Author & Publisher: "A Boaters Guide to BOATING"