Re: The boat called "Bix" I am still in touch with John Westwood a drummer that had jam sessions on that boat. He is in his 90's now.

Mark of Ealing

Nov 6, 2022, 4:39:21 AM11/6/22
On Monday, 1 December 1997 at 08:00:00 UTC, Shmgtcons wrote:
> I read a book once from the library about a couple who lived on a boat called
> "Bix" back in the mid-seveties.
> It was very interesting.
> Does anyone know if "Bix" is still around, or do any of you know the original
> owners.
> I think they were called Owen and maybe Doris?
> Thanks, if you can help!

chr...@privacy.net

Nov 29, 2022, 10:53:24 AM11/29/22
I've just remembered it was Owen & Iris Bryce - and they were trad jazz
fanatics - including playing themselves. The boat was named after the
late Bix Beiderbeck - jazz musician.

Iris was (aggressively) very good at promoting sales of her books as I
recall...

Chris D