Look Around: 12.07.1963: Waterways

Martin Nicholas

Jul 28, 2021, 1:42:22 PM7/28/21

https://www.macearchive.org/films/look-around-12071963-waterways

"Documentary about the increasing popularity of inland waterways in the
Midlands."

With: Robert Aickman, Captain Lionel Munk, David Hutchings.

--
Regards,

Martin Nicholas.

E-mail: reply-...@mgn.org.uk (Address will be valid throughout
July).

Posted using Claws Mail (https://www.claws-mail.org/).

Sir Tim

Jul 28, 2021, 6:09:01 PM7/28/21
Martin Nicholas <reply...@mgn.org.uk> wrote:

> https://www.macearchive.org/films/look-around-12071963-waterways
>
> "Documentary about the increasing popularity of inland waterways in the
> Midlands."
>
> With: Robert Aickman, Captain Lionel Munk, David Hutchings.

Most interesting, thank you. Not sure I have heard Aickman talking before.

--
Sir Tim

Martin Nicholas

Jul 29, 2021, 1:17:26 AM7/29/21
On 28 Jul 2021 22:08:58 GMT
Lots of other stuff too, including:
"Derek Hobson report on the canal millionaire, Ernie Thomas, who lives
at Calf Heath, near Cannock. Interview re his life with the canals."

https://www.macearchive.org/films/atv-today-04121972-canal-millionaire-ernie-thomas

--
Regards,

Martin Nicholas.

E-mail: reply-...@mgn.org.uk (Address will be valid throughout
July).

The Usenet - part of the free and open internet.

Nicholas D. Richards

Aug 26, 2021, 7:16:53 AM8/26/21
In article <20210728184...@dsklinux.lan>, Martin Nicholas
<reply...@mgn.org.uk> on Wed, 28 Jul 2021 at 18:42:20 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote

>https://www.macearchive.org/films/look-around-12071963-waterways
>
>"Documentary about the increasing popularity of inland waterways in the
>Midlands."
>
>With: Robert Aickman, Captain Lionel Munk, David Hutchings.

Elfin Safety in action! At 19:20 lady in summer skirt, bare legs and
flip flops(!) wheeling a wheelbarrow across a plank spanning the lower
end of a lock.

Not a hard hat or orange netting in sight.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Oů sont les neiges d'antan?"