Sandy Saunders

Instep

Jan 8, 2008, 1:54:09 PM1/8/08
Where has Sandy Saunders gone? Really enjoyed his photos and walks on the
South Downs?

Bill Grey

Jan 8, 2008, 2:47:11 PM1/8/08
In message <lFPgj.38510$Hc3....@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net>, Instep
<ne...@instephols.co.uk> writes

>Where has Sandy Saunders gone? Really enjoyed his photos and walks on the
>South Downs?

P'raps he's down on the ups, or up on the downs.

He's got a great web-site.
--
Bill Grey

sandy saunders

Jan 8, 2008, 5:00:56 PM1/8/08
"Instep" <ne...@instephols.co.uk> wrote in message

> Where has Sandy Saunders gone? Really enjoyed his photos and walks on the
> South Downs?

Hello folks ............ I'm here!

Been away to Kenya for Christmas and New Year (20 Dec to 6 Jan), arrived
back Sunday morning, and the couple of weekends before Christmas were family
visits. Busy at the moment sorting through 3gb of photos.

Hoping to be out this Sunday as I am popping up to Yorkshire for the day
Saturday. My boots think my feet have been cut off!

Back to normal service soon.

--
Sandy Saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk
'Mountains or Mole Hills, summiting

sandy saunders

Jan 8, 2008, 5:03:24 PM1/8/08
> P'raps he's down on the ups, or up on the downs.

Been down on Safari and slobbing on the beach ................... all
charged up for a full year of walking ...... especialy with early retirement
looing at the end of April. Remember the song 'those boots were made for
walking' .....

> He's got a great web-site.

Cheers Bill ...

Bill Grey

Jan 8, 2008, 5:27:29 PM1/8/08
In message <MqSgj.34053$ou3....@newsfe4-win.ntli.net>, sandy saunders
<sandy.s...@ntlworld.com> writes

>> P'raps he's down on the ups, or up on the downs.
>
>Been down on Safari and slobbing on the beach ................... all
>charged up for a full year of walking ...... especialy with early
>retirement looing at the end of April. Remember the song 'those boots
>were made for walking' .....
>
>> He's got a great web-site.
>
>Cheers Bill ...

Happy New Year Sandy
--
Bill Grey

Roger

Jan 9, 2008, 4:13:38 AM1/9/08
The message <soSgj.34052$ou3....@newsfe4-win.ntli.net>
from "sandy saunders" <sandy.s...@ntlworld.com> contains these words:

> Hoping to be out this Sunday as I am popping up to Yorkshire for the day
> Saturday. My boots think my feet have been cut off!

That is a long way for you to go for a day trip. What have you in mind
to do in the hour or two you have between driving here and driving back?
:-)

--
Roger Chapman
Nearest Marilyn still to be visited - Great Orme.

Judith

Jan 9, 2008, 4:43:04 AM1/9/08
On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:13:38 GMT, Roger <ro...@nospam.zetnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>> Hoping to be out this Sunday as I am popping up to Yorkshire for the day
>> Saturday. My boots think my feet have been cut off!
>
>That is a long way for you to go for a day trip. What have you in mind
>to do in the hour or two you have between driving here and driving back?
>:-)

From reading Sandy's previous TRs, I reckon he'll be on the road by
0400. I don't think he likes sleeping!

Judith

Roger

Jan 9, 2008, 10:23:09 AM1/9/08
The message <gn59o3l4ipk1ag188...@4ax.com>
from Judith <no.spam.for....@aol.com> contains these words:

> >> Hoping to be out this Sunday as I am popping up to Yorkshire for the day
> >> Saturday. My boots think my feet have been cut off!
> >
> >That is a long way for you to go for a day trip. What have you in mind
> >to do in the hour or two you have between driving here and driving back?
> >:-)

> From reading Sandy's previous TRs, I reckon he'll be on the road by
> 0400. I don't think he likes sleeping!

I am not sure where Sandy lives but I think it is somewhere South of the
Great Wen and if I was travelling to and from say Guildford in a single
day I would budget for about 8 hours if I could avoid the heavy traffic.
That wouldn't give me very long for a walk on say the South Downs.

Phil Cook

Jan 9, 2008, 10:46:41 AM1/9/08
Roger wrote:

>The message <gn59o3l4ipk1ag188...@4ax.com>
>from Judith <no.spam.for....@aol.com> contains these words:

>> >That is a long way for you to go for a day trip. What have you in mind
>> >to do in the hour or two you have between driving here and driving back?
>> >:-)
>
>> From reading Sandy's previous TRs, I reckon he'll be on the road by
>> 0400. I don't think he likes sleeping!
>
>I am not sure where Sandy lives but I think it is somewhere South of the
>Great Wen and if I was travelling to and from say Guildford in a single
>day I would budget for about 8 hours if I could avoid the heavy traffic.
>That wouldn't give me very long for a walk on say the South Downs.

Who says he is driving? Also which part of God's Great County? It's a
long way from Sheffield to not quite Darlington.
--
Phil Cook

sandy saunders

Jan 9, 2008, 11:40:46 AM1/9/08
> That is a long way for you to go for a day trip. What have you in mind
> to do in the hour or two you have between driving here and driving back?

Occasionally do Yorkshire as a 'day drive' from the south, although its to
see my number 2 son who has just moved into a new pad in Barnsley .......
not walking. Leave early (about 6ish) and in 'god's country' by 1000, just
in time for breakfast! Back home with time for the a couple of pints in my
local. Doing the trip on a Sat allows me Sunday to recover.

sandy saunders

Jan 9, 2008, 11:43:47 AM1/9/08
> From reading Sandy's previous TRs, I reckon he'll be on the road by
> 0400. I don't think he likes sleeping!

Well, not so much as don't like sleeping Judith ....... but my body clock
seems to keep waking me at strange hours in the morning. Gets worse as the
morning light moves into the night. However, I do enjoy being out on the
hills for sunrise, peaceful as most are still tucked up in bed, and a chance
to see animals (deer etc) before they hide for the day.

My early waking is linked to the 29 years I served in the Royal Navy. A
6:30 rise was common for working days, and many years spent working long
periods of shift systems while at sea.

sandy saunders

Jan 9, 2008, 11:53:04 AM1/9/08
> Who says he is driving? Also which part of God's Great County? It's a
> long way from Sheffield to not quite Darlington.

Driving I am, from near Portsmouth to Barnsley. Just on 4 hours, and if the
roads are really quiet, can be 3.5.

Some time ago I drove to Barnsley Friday evening, left with my sons for
Borrowdale early Saturday. Visited Scafell Pike via the Corridor Route, B&B
in Keswick Saturday night. (Also meal and beer in the D&G) Left after
Breakfast Sunday back to Barnsley, dropped sons of and continued back to
home, arriving early evening. Now that was an outing ........ and one I
will never do again!!!!!

Kenneth Parkins

Jan 9, 2008, 4:45:46 PM1/9/08
EARLY RETIREMENT - does the boss know?

--
Ken
"sandy saunders" <sandy.s...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

sandy saunders

Jan 9, 2008, 5:01:45 PM1/9/08
> EARLY RETIREMENT - does the boss know?

Well ......... LM has been warned its a possibility! Not sure how far up
the chain it has passed though.

Kenneth Parkins

Jan 9, 2008, 5:36:42 PM1/9/08
Good luck - I will MW next week - shall I tell him or not :-)

--
Ken
"sandy saunders" <sandy.s...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

akspell...@gmail.com